 Star Wars / 13121
Re: Rebel Blockade Runner . . . Holy Crap ! !
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Sun, 5 May 2002 13:21:17 GMT

In lugnet.starwars, Matthew Hamand writes:
I just spent two and a half hours working on the RBR I got at Target on
Thursday. And I only finished the front hammer-head section. And I had to
stop because my eyes were hurting.

2 1/2, and thats it? :)  I don't have the set, but that does seem a little
sluggish :)  It certainly looks more fun to build than the UCS X-Wing, which
I have built.  I'll really have to wait and see till I get one (key word
there folks...*wait*...)

Is it just me. I'm no master Lego builder, but I've put together some big
sets, some complex sets, and this one is kicking my butt.

Is this a common experience? Has anyone been able to slap this sucker
together in one sitting? Am I just being a wuss?

On the other hand this is a really nice model. I probably wouldn't have paid
full price plus shipping, but at 20% off it's somewhat affordable.

Matt . . . needs to go to sleep. Maybe I shouldn't have tried to start this
after the trip to the zoo today.

Eh.  It must have to do with the zoo :)  I suppose it is a model that takes
a long time to get even a small part done because of the huge amount of
pieces you have to slosh through; it'd certainly take a load of patience,
endurance, and stamina.  If you're a "good builder", I see nothing special
bout the set that'd eat away at you (at least to the extent that you
describe it as "kicking my butt") so you musta' been tired or something.  I
certainly hope so at least.  I was thinking I could take anything after
doing a technic shuttle in one sitting when I was 12-13, but if you've built
stuff like that and the RBR is a problem, it has my fear.

I'll get it and build it in any case :)  Then I'll have to fix it to accept
mini-figs (hey, it may be too small, but really either we get capitol ships
this size, or none at all, unless you suggest MOCs 5 times the RBRs
size...and my mini-figs need captitol ships.  Should the next RBR size set
be a Star Destroyer, I'll die.  Well ok, maybe I'll just get a job.)

--Josh