 Star Wars / 13118
Re: Rebel Blockade Runner . . . Holy Crap ! !
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Mon, 6 May 2002 02:03:03 GMT

Took me  ~8 hours total; had I worked straight through, blindness would have
resulted.  Would have been done sooner had I not used a wrong shade of
grey early on.  Finished the 'hammerhead' in ~2 hours then went to FL for the
Orange Bowl. If you think that shows strength of character, my sister-in-law
got it for me off the Lego website in NOVEMBER, screwed up the shipping, and it
sat in MY attic until X-Mas!!!!  Wifey's a stickler for tradition.

It now sits in my office with my UCS TIE Interceptor & X-Wing and assorted
other models.  My office is not the best environment for them however.
Discounting the stuffed Dogbert who currently pilots the RBR--some sort of evil
beastie in the air vents is eating all my rubber bands (I'm thinking lack o'
humidity).  My technic droids are looking mighty droopy.

In lugnet.starwars, Matthew Hamand writes:
I just spent two and a half hours working on the RBR I got at Target on
Thursday. And I only finished the front hammer-head section. And I had to
stop because my eyes were hurting.

Is it just me. I'm no master Lego builder, but I've put together some big
sets, some complex sets, and this one is kicking my butt.

Is this a common experience? Has anyone been able to slap this sucker
together in one sitting? Am I just being a wuss?

On the other hand this is a really nice model. I probably wouldn't have paid
full price plus shipping, but at 20% off it's somewhat affordable.

Matt . . . needs to go to sleep. Maybe I shouldn't have tried to start this
after the trip to the zoo today.