 Star Wars / 13119
13118  |  13120
Subject:
Beef'd Up The Gunship
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Mon, 6 May 2002 03:07:46 GMT

Well, I went and did it.  I took the Republic Gunship and made it somewhat
more accurate to the movie version.

This one was a doosey.  I am awaiting some parts so I can finish off the
engine.  I also used some bleeched white parts to give it that tan feeling
that you see in the trailers.

I first had to redesign the front portion to include the troop hold (which
stores the medical droids, and ladders to the cockpit).  And got rid of that
what-ever play thing that was that folded out.
(The door is in the way, but its there)

I added a back section, with the turret still there.

Made the troop platform a little bit easier to stand on,

and I gave the air crew a little more buttons to think about (Not that they
have enough to think about already, them being clones and having clone issues).

Also I made that speeder bike garage that you can only see from the
cross-sections book.

I plan to put in the final details after I watch Ep2 (Which, BTW is in 10
Days :).

Take a look at the main directory:

The top is LEGO's version, and in detail its faults.
The bottom half (named gunshipnew*) is mine.

I also need to add the doors, which I am currently working on--more parts on
the way.

Comments?  Suggestions?  Problems?

--Kai