 Star Wars / 13143
Re: Strange "Part" in 7163 Republic Gunship
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Wed, 8 May 2002 15:48:32 GMT

In lugnet.starwars, Jeremy Scott writes:
In lugnet.starwars, Eric Lind writes:
Hey all, I just got a 7163 (I rather like it), but was puzzled by the
inclusion of an unusual "part".  It was a little cardboard box held together
by tape that said 42927 on the outside.  Inside was two, black capes.  Any
idea what these are for?  I guess they could go on the clone troopers, but
they don't really seem to fit.

Are these on top of the brown one for Jimmy the Jedi minifig? If so, sounds
like you got two really neat extra pieces.

Yup, these are in addition to the brown cape for the Jimmy the Jeneric Jedi.
His brown cape was loose, while the black ones were in this 42927 "box".  I
guess I could make him an evil Jedi, since only evil people wear black
capes... or not.  It's a bit perplexing.  Come to think of it, I got quite a
few spare pieces in this set.  One always expects a few, stray, small parts,
but I got some large ones - a lime green 1x2 inverse slope, one of the
corrugated silver tube things (2 go on the "engine", I got a third), a
rather large number of round flats, and these two, extra capes.  Just
wondering if I got a bonanza or if others are getting this, also.