 Star Wars / 13150
Re: The word on Lando from SW Celebration II
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Thu, 9 May 2002 16:56:41 GMT

In lugnet.starwars, Monica Wilbur writes:
In lugnet.starwars, John Radtke writes:
Interesting tidbit here on the latest word regarding a Lando minifig:

http://www.theforce.net/collecting/index.html#16200

*POSSIBLE SPOILER WARNING**

I also noticed in the Geonosis display what is clearly Mace Windu with a
yellow head:

That image does NOT mean that is indeed Mace Windu.  It could be any jedi?
Sure in the MOVIE that scene WILL happen but that 'movie instance in time'
may or may not be what LEGO made on that display. Yes, you, I and the rest
of the world may assume that and it is probbaly true but NOT offically
stated that way.

Hmmm. The bit from the LEGO rep on the "one color fits all" probably
wouldn't surprise most of us, but then that doesn't really explain WHY they
didn't just go ahead and make a yellow Lando unless this same policy made
THEM uncomfortable.

Or maybe LEGO's contract with LucasFilms DOES NOT allow them to make a
'yellow-head' lando?  The contract may says something to the effect that the
lando charcater must have a noticable color shade as oppose to other minfigs?
I for one think we will NEVER see a lando or mace minfig becuase LEGO
doesn't want to enter this 'race' mine filed.  If they do them in yellow
some people will be mad and if they do them in brown or black other people
will be mad.  So as to not enrage anyone they'll just steer clear of the
mind field.  The poor Lego PR people must be eating lots of aspiron over
this issue. =)

I'd think most SW LEGO fans would love to see a Lando and Mace Windu even if
they were yellow - just as long as the torso, leg, hair, and face designs
were unique enough so they these minifigs don't look like Luke Skywalker
clones (*cough*, Ep. I Obi-Wan).

I agree on this point.  As long as that trademark mustache is on the minfig
with with blue cpae I think that would be enough for me.
-AHui
http://www.ozbricks.com/jediagh/