 Star Wars / *12598 (-100)
  Re: Plunderer - A small cargo ship

Hey, that shape is really nice. I like the use of the 'Droid escape' curves. How many of those did you buy...6? The Cargo section is really neat too. out tk (23 years ago, 13-Mar-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Plunderer - A small cargo ship

(...) Thanks. The ship was an expanded universe ship, so the only referance I had was that book. In the description on my site there is a link to a scan of that page. Really I just used the book as a starting point for it. -Jason +---...---+ Jason (...) (23 years ago, 12-Mar-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Plunderer - A small cargo ship

(...) I saw this show up on Brickshelf yesterday. Not being a pure SW fan I can't comment on it's accuracy, but as a general spaceship I think it's awesome. -Duane (23 years ago, 12-Mar-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Ep II AOTC Trailer ....

(...) Ah. Yes. I finally downloaded it, and looked at them again. Interesting. Also, am I the only one who noticed that the proto-ATATs seem to have *more* than four legs...? best LFB (23 years ago, 12-Mar-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Purple lightsaber (Re: Episode II Trailer--WOW)

You can get an Mpeg version of the trailer here: (URL) Windu has a purple lightsaber. Cool. -Mike Petrucelli (23 years ago, 12-Mar-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Plunderer - A small cargo ship

Well after perusing my "Star Wars - Essential Guide to Vechicles and Vessels" I thought the Enforcer One would be pretty cool made out of Lego. I changed the scale, but keep the overall shape and feel. (URL) Spears MichLUG - (URL) Page - (URL) Store (...) (23 years ago, 12-Mar-02, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.space, lugnet.announce.moc) !

  Re: Episode II Trailer--WOW

(...) Note that when I posted a similar link, people reported that they could not get to it directly. Heard the trick is to open a new browser window and paste the link in rather than just clicking it, the site may not like LUGNET(tm) as a referring (...) (23 years ago, 12-Mar-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  RE: Episode II Trailer--WOW

Yeah, it looks amazing, and much better than the first. And lucky for us, it's on apple.com! (URL) large one is 31 megs (quicktime pro required) but worth the download. age -----Original Message----- From: news-gateway@lugnet.com (...) (23 years ago, 12-Mar-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Ep II AOTC Trailer ....

Has anyone been able to actually save the MOV in cache? After all that downloading, I would like to save it... (...) (23 years ago, 11-Mar-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Ep II AOTC Trailer ....

(...) Near the end. There is the boxy walker, the wheelbots, proto-Leia firing the blaster, then two big sphere ships take off under fire from a boxy walker. OK, so they don't look all that much like E.T. ships. More like bloated Probots, or spheres (...) (23 years ago, 11-Mar-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Ep II AOTC Trailer ....

(...) I don't mean to upset you, Kai, but it's pretty easy to do. 5988, Pharaoh's Forbidden Ruins. The balloon. And yes, it would suck. Especially since I already have too many of those things. Also, Erik, where did you see ET ships? How do you know (...) (23 years ago, 11-Mar-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  an alternate opinion

in general response to this thread.... i hate juniorization as much as the next guy but i don't buy those sets. The new SW sets are the BEST sets TLC has ever made, the curved pieces (finally) allow for stylish mocs, and the canopies can be placed (...) (23 years ago, 11-Mar-02, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Ep II AOTC Trailer ....

(...) You just have to copy and paste the link in yourself to a fresh window - it doesn't take kindly to LUGNET as a listed referrer. Look, E.T. ships taking off! (23 years ago, 11-Mar-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Ep II AOTC Trailer ....

(...) That almost looks like the spider creature Dr. Zin created in Johny Quest.... Now the only problem is how to do that sphere in tan?!?!?! Kai (23 years ago, 11-Mar-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Ep II AOTC Trailer ....

**Note to all, in the movie "Ice Age" the exact same trailer as shown today will be avalible/showing. That comes out next week on Friday, IIRC. (...) I don't have a recording, but I will have it on CD for the next Michlug meeting--laptop movies :) (...) (23 years ago, 11-Mar-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Ep II AOTC Trailer ....

(...) (snipped) Sorry, it tells me I don't have permission, and that "starwars.apple.com" doesn't exist at the top level anyways. (URL) was how I got to see it. best LFB (23 years ago, 11-Mar-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Ep II AOTC Trailer ....

(...) I do like that proto-AT-AT. It's a very neat concept--I remember having seen something like that in the Cinefex that first came out with ESB. It seems a lot of those alpha designs are seeing refinement and production in this series--as well it (...) (23 years ago, 11-Mar-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Ep II AOTC Trailer ....

(...) If you can tolerate seeing it in not really huge resolution and if you have QuickTime, go here (URL) here for the direct link) (URL) you can watch it all you want. It's pretty cool. Helps to have broadband... (23 years ago, 11-Mar-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Ep II AOTC Trailer ....

Kai, did you get a recording of it? If so, can you digitize it and send it my way? Global Television takes over from Fox for the malcome-in-the-middle to X-files time slot, and so there was no trailer! :( Knowing my luck I'll be stuck having to wait (...) (23 years ago, 11-Mar-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Episode II Trailer--WOW

(...) Nevermind - (URL) (23 years ago, 11-Mar-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Episode II Trailer--WOW

(...) When was it on or what show was it on after? (23 years ago, 11-Mar-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Ep II AOTC Trailer ....

(...) ****May Spoil....Reader Beware******* Not one walker but two!!! It looks like there is a spider one on the clone side and another on the jedi side.... Kai Who just watched it for the fourth time (I am such a nerd :) (23 years ago, 11-Mar-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Episode II trailer is online

I believe that the trailer that was shown on FOX tonight is now posted online. (URL) it out. It looks pretty awesome. Todd Trotter (URL) (23 years ago, 11-Mar-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Episode II Trailer on FOX

(...) Great looking? Eh! Looks not make one great! (23 years ago, 11-Mar-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Episode II Trailer--WOW

Wow....Just saw the Episode II Trailer on FOX and boy was it great. Republic Gunships, clones, Jedi Star Fighters and NO JAR JAR hahaha! Unfortunately it looks like LEGO didn't keep true to the colors of the Republic Gunship. It turns out that it is (...) (23 years ago, 11-Mar-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Episode II Trailer on FOX

If the movie is half as good as the trailer made it look, it will be the best Star Wars movie yet. -Mike Petrucelli (23 years ago, 11-Mar-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Ep II AOTC Trailer ....

Just saw the 2.5 minute Episode II trailer ... looks like there's another walker to be made in the not-too-distant future ;) 4 legs, boxy body ... an ancestor of the AT-AT, no doubt. A cool body-mounted main cannon, as well. How very exciting! -s (23 years ago, 11-Mar-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Time to write Lego Consumer Affairs a (nasty) letter..

(...) Yes that was the Company hogwash he recited. I work in a toy store. Life on Mars sets come in boxes printed; LEGO(the logo) SPACE. So the company's official position is that space sets at retail are ok but Lego Direct isn't allowed to release (...) (23 years ago, 11-Mar-02, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Attack of the Clones Trailer Tonight on Fox

(...) I no way is anybody slighted by your postin’ placement! ~In fact I for one am elated at the news. If not for your message I would have likely *missed the trailer entirely. ¤Sincerely, --==RïçhårÐ==-- *cause after ‘Malcolm’ I'm usually affixed (...) (23 years ago, 10-Mar-02, to lugnet.off-topic.fun, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Time to write Lego Consumer Affairs a (nasty) letter..

(...) The contract was to have the rights to produce Star Wars sets. Brad Justus, senior VP of LEGO Direct, said at BricksWest in no uncertain terms that there is no contractual reason not to produce any Classic Space Legends sets. However, there (...) (23 years ago, 10-Mar-02, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.starwars)

  Attack of the Clones Trailer Tonight on Fox

Hi all, Fox will air a 2 1/2 minute trailer for Attack of the Clones tonight between Malcolm in the Middle and X-Files. Details at: (URL) C. (who will not be insulted if you tell me I posted to the wrong group(s)-- just set appropriate FUT) (23 years ago, 10-Mar-02, to lugnet.off-topic.fun, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Time to write Lego Consumer Affairs a (nasty) letter..

(...) Yeah. Those are a few sets I've always wanted, but never got a chance to acquire. Hopefully, LEGO should release a Space Legend in the near future, if they EVER do. :) If Lego couldn't make the tooling, do you think it would be be possible for (...) (23 years ago, 10-Mar-02, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: New MOC: Rebel Snowspeeder!

(...) Hi Bruce, Wow - This is truly a fantastic design! Dave Eaton and I have been playing around with trying to get a true minifig-scale snowspeeder for a couple of months now, but this design is where the search ends! I put one together yesterday (...) (23 years ago, 10-Mar-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Time to write Lego Consumer Affairs a (nasty) letter..

This is one of the most interesting debates I have read for a while, and I feel the need to put a couple of points forward. Regarding the topic of big parts vs. bricks, I agree that there are a lot of sets out there that look like they could be (...) (23 years ago, 10-Mar-02, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Time to write Lego Consumer Affairs a (nasty) letter..

(...) UGGG! I'll be an adult by that time! Honostly... I guess bricklink will be in a boom for the space trade. John Kruer (23 years ago, 10-Mar-02, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Time to write Lego Consumer Affairs a (nasty) letter..

(...) but (...) Lego's contract with SW ends in 2007. I'm inclined to agree, I love the SW line but I wish Lego hadn't sold their soul to Hollywood like so many other toy companies. (23 years ago, 10-Mar-02, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Time to write Lego Consumer Affairs a (nasty) letter..

(...) I'd LOVE to see a MIB as a set. I worry that they may not have the tooling for the linear actuator (rack) parts though. (in this set they are the parts that provide the linear motion that opens and closes the large base halves) This URL should (...) (23 years ago, 10-Mar-02, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Time to write Lego Consumer Affairs a (nasty) letter..

(...) Hopefully, the contract should expire in 2003.And if it does, prepare yourself for a Space Legend set. Personally, I want to see either Cosmic Fleet Voyager, 918 Space Transport or a good old Message Intercept Base as Space legends. Or even (...) (23 years ago, 9-Mar-02, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Time to write Lego Consumer Affairs a (nasty) letter..

(...) I don't exactly know the answer to that officially...I'm assuming that they got a 9 year (3 film) license considering that they are issuing out models for Star Wars II: Attack of the Clones. That is my best guess. You are right classic space (...) (23 years ago, 9-Mar-02, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Time to write Lego Consumer Affairs a (nasty) letter..

(...) I have to agree with you. Redemption is sweet.:-) Anyway, speaking of liscences- when does Lego's contract about Star Wars expire? I would much rather see classic space and Blacktron than the current new Star Wars sets. John Kruer (23 years ago, 9-Mar-02, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: New MOC: Rebel Snowspeeder!

Thanks a lot Lindsay. I'm waiting to get that soccer set cheap (I don't see paying $20 for only 107 pieces, and only two that I really need). Hopefully they'll be on clearance soon :) The snowspeeder's 176 pieces (mostly smaller plates), so it'd (...) (23 years ago, 9-Mar-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: New MOC: Rebel Snowspeeder!

(...) Bruce, That's absolutely magnificent. I'm especially impressed with how you achieved such wonderful angles without too many special pieces. Really, if one could get a Snowspeeder like yours for $9.99, I'd buy one, that's for sure! This one (...) (23 years ago, 7-Mar-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  New MOC: Rebel Snowspeeder!

Hey guys, Here's my latest custom, an Incom T-47 Modified Airspeeder (Snowspeeder). It's the same scale as my A-Wing (1 foot:1 stud) and my upcoming X- and Y-Wings. I'll have the MLCad instructions up hopefully this weekend so check back soon. (URL) (...) (23 years ago, 7-Mar-02, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.announce)

  Re: Jedi Starfighter "Fight" mode?

(...) according to this pic: (URL) is NOT (imperial has six pegs, this one has eight). I think it is somesort of old republic predessor to the Imperial symbol. (it seems a lot of these episode 1 and 2 stuff has been made to look like predessors to (...) (23 years ago, 7-Mar-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  DS Hangar Bay Control Room

Bruce, Sorry about the problems you've gotten accessing my site. Not sure why since you're the first one to mention about it. I use www.homestead.com as my host so I'll try to check out in their help boards if there are known problems with accessing (...) (23 years ago, 7-Mar-02, to lugnet.build, lugnet.loc.us.nj, lugnet.people.newbie, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Jedi Starfighter "Fight" mode?

(...) "Nooo...ooo!" (23 years ago, 6-Mar-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Jedi Starfighter "Fight" mode?

(...) How are you posting? I cannot get it to work when posting from the Web. :-( (...) I did warn you, it was part of the example <g> (...) Jude XFUT .admin.general (23 years ago, 6-Mar-02, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Jedi Starfighter "Fight" mode?

(...) Another way to prevent spoilers from showing up in the brief view is to use the nntp-standard sig-marker. Put '-- ' (without quotes) on a line by itself before the sensitive information, and everything following the dashes will *not* be shown (...) (23 years ago, 6-Mar-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Sarlacc Pit

Joe, So you did spot those droid arms inside! It was kinda tough going through at first in building the pit. But the effort was well worth it after we completed it and the results are what you now see. Those little touches were added afterwards as (...) (23 years ago, 6-Mar-02, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.build)

  Re: Jedi Starfighter "Fight" mode?

(...) 'spoiler space' because those of us who read from the web can see what you tried to hide in the brief view of your message on the web page. :-/ To prevent that you can do something like this: *Possible Spoiler* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * (...) (23 years ago, 6-Mar-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: 7143 now in UK shops.

Get it on ebay for *just* £49: (URL) A =+= Have you inspected Arthur's Seat yet? (URL) reasonable man adapts himself to suit his environment. An unreasonable man persists in attempting to adapt his environment to suit himself. Therefore, all (...) (23 years ago, 6-Mar-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Sarlacc Pit

(...) Nice! The Sarlacc is very well-done to the point of creepy (love the use of the droid arms for the internal 'teeth'. And more little touches that make the scene...R2 with the light saber, Luke on the plank. Great stuff! Joe (23 years ago, 6-Mar-02, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.build)

  Re: Comparison of Imperial Shuttles

I'm right behind you on this one, Jimmy. "Seeding" really annoys me, especially when I buy a set 'cause I want more of a particular color and end up with a rainbow. Much better looking model. Dave "Jimmy Park" <madoka@jps.net> wrote in message (...) (23 years ago, 6-Mar-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Obi-wan & Anakin Spirit Mini-figs

Hey, There is one in cartoon form over on fbtb.net: (URL) (23 years ago, 6-Mar-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Sarlacc Pit

Mark, Kinda tough to do a sail barge, so we decided instead to improvise and do a bigger skiff of just the right size for the diorama. What you don't see in the pics is the foundation where the Sarlacc has been built. Thanks for your comments and (...) (23 years ago, 6-Mar-02, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.build)

  Re: Jedi Starfighter "Fight" mode?

"Joseph Jenkins" <josephjenkins@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:GsGIo4.Hq7@lugnet.com... (...) other (...) Here's my take on it: (URL) :-) -- Grant Giandonato ggiandonato@comcast.net Check out my eBay auctions: (URL) (23 years ago, 6-Mar-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Sarlacc Pit

I like how you have the original LEGO model of the desert skiff in addition to your 'improved' model. Overall very very cool. Got the jeebies just looking down into that pit... ;) (...) (23 years ago, 5-Mar-02, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.build)

  Re: Jedi Starfighter "Fight" mode?

I don't think so. One would think that the toy would have to have final approval from Lucas - so "non-accurate" gimmicks wouldn't sneak in. BTW - as anyone verified that the emblem on the white round tile IS the Imperial asteric? (...) (23 years ago, 5-Mar-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Obi-wan & Anakin Spirit Mini-figs

~That'd rock! A really good idea... I'd luv to see it actualized. (If these were produced I'd likely buy a ton) --==Richard==-- (...) Spirit Yoda would be *fan-ta-bo-luscious* (23 years ago, 5-Mar-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  7143 now in UK shops.

<set:7143> has now appeared in the UK. I just got one from my local toy shop (at a quid over RRP), though at first they refused to sell me one as they didn't have a price registered on the computer! I stood over them while they contacted the head (...) (23 years ago, 5-Mar-02, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.loc.uk)

  Sarlacc Pit

I've just added our latest work, the Sarlacc Pit on our homepage. (URL) click on the thumbnail to get to the pics of the diorama and let us know what you think about it. Regards, ACPin & Sons member #1500 Homepage (URL) Gallery (URL) Dioramas (URL) (23 years ago, 5-Mar-02, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.build) !

"Mark Sandlin" <sandlin@nwlink.com> wrote in message news:sandlin-0403021...ink.com... (...) On a related note: *Possible Spoiler* I believe that the Jedi Starfighter actually has no hyperdrive. It supposedly uses a booster craft when making jumps. (...) (23 years ago, 5-Mar-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Jedi Starfighter "Fight" mode?

(...) I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say that this is most likely a toy gimmick that has little relation to the movie. They might go and prove me wrong, however. I guess we'll find out in May. (23 years ago, 5-Mar-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Obi-wan & Anakin Spirit Mini-figs

Hi: I've been enjoyed reading lugnet for sometime now, especially the Starwars, Technic & Mecha newsgroups, but have not actively posted until now... I have yet to hear any notion or 'demand' for TLG to produce spirit mini-figs(in trans. light-blue) (...) (23 years ago, 4-Mar-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Comparison of Imperial Shuttles

I really dislike the part "seeding" that Lego does. It really makes the models look horrible and is condescending to builders. It's as if they assume that kids are not as bright as they were in the 80s and need splotches of color everywhere to (...) (23 years ago, 4-Mar-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Jedi Starfighter "Fight" mode?

Does anyone know if the fight mode of the jedi starfighter shown on the Hasbro website is movie correct (if such a thing can be known in advance)? (URL) haven't seen this feature in any other "official" source. It's a pretty cool feature and shows a (...) (23 years ago, 4-Mar-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: The Star Wars Alphabet Fighter Project

Jon, It would be cool after you've completed them to have all of them in a diorama like a rebel hangar or in an attack formation! Regards, ACPin & Sons member #1500 Homepage (URL) Gallery (...) (23 years ago, 4-Mar-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  TKOI Create a Creature Contest WRONG EMAIL ON WEBSITE

For all of you who've tried to send in creatures... The email on the website was incorrect, but it is fixed now. If you have an entry to submit, please email it to savatheaggie@yahoo.com Sorry for that! --Anthony (...) (23 years ago, 3-Mar-02, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.general, lugnet.build.contests, lugnet.pirates, lugnet.space, lugnet.starwars, lugnet.technic, lugnet.town, lugnet.trains, lugnet.build.mecha)

  Re: Imperial Shuttle Landing Pad

(...) so you did...wow! Makes me want to see it in person! Great little vignettes of activity in the diorama. Great job! Joe Meno (who is still keeping an eye out on your work) (23 years ago, 3-Mar-02, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.build, lugnet.loc.us.nj, lugnet.people.newbie)

  Re: The Star Wars Alphabet Fighter Project

Like the S-wing because its reminiscent of Classic Space LL928 (23 years ago, 3-Mar-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Imperial Shuttle Landing Pad

I've just added a dozen pics to the Brickshelf Gallery which are close-up shots of the mini-scenes within the diorama. (URL) & Sons member #1500 Homepage (URL) Gallery (...) (23 years ago, 3-Mar-02, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.build, lugnet.loc.us.nj, lugnet.people.newbie)

  Re: S@H: new keychains - Yoda and Stormtrooper

Very nice - Thanks for the pics. Don't you love how LEGO just kind of tortures you with cool SW things by making them hard to get? Toymaking sadists ;). I'll be looking out for my March/April catalog for the same. mo www.galacticbrick.com (...) (23 years ago, 2-Mar-02, to lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Yoda

(...) Yoda's is trans lime green like Luke's.Count Dooku's is red but with a new curved handle. Visu (23 years ago, 2-Mar-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Star Wars Dioramas

Though I'm a newbie to the Lugnet scene, I've been involved in the Star Wars collecting scene for the past few years. My three sons and I have taken our passion for collecting SW action figures and playsets to another level by building dioramas of (...) (23 years ago, 1-Mar-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Yoda

(...) Hey, could you tell us the colors of the lightsaber blades? There have been conflicting reports. Bruce (23 years ago, 1-Mar-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: I-wing and J-wing

(...) ...I really like the J-Wing. It has the feel of the gunship and looks like it cleanly fits in that family. Great project going here. KUTGW --- wubwub wubwub@wildlink.com jains.has.it <-- Jain's Guide www.sitcatsit.com <-- a guy and his cat (...) (23 years ago, 28-Feb-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  S@H: new keychains - Yoda and Stormtrooper

The UK S@H catalogue for March / April 2002 shows the following new keychains: #3945 Drome Racer #3946 Football Player #3947 Yoda #3948 Stormtrooper I've uploaded a picture of Yoda and the Stormtrooper to (URL) These are not available to order yet. (...) (23 years ago, 27-Feb-02, to lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: I-wing and J-wing

(...) Jon, the I-Wing is awesome. I think it may be my fave. Can't wait to swoosh it around at our next meeting. Todd (23 years ago, 27-Feb-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: 7143 review

(...) Um, sure. I agree the landing gear is flimsy. The green in the back of the set is ugly. The front nose seems too flat. The printing on the large curved slopes and the 2x4 45 slopes makes them pretty much useless (unless your motivated enough (...) (23 years ago, 27-Feb-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  new custom UCS A-wing

My new UCS A-wing is up in Gareth's Section of www.fbtb.net. Enjoy, and please post any comments! (23 years ago, 27-Feb-02, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.build, lugnet.announce.moc)

  Re: I-wing and J-wing

"Alexander Zwagerman" <alexander@zwagerman.net> wrote in message news:Gs3yJ4.4H2@lugnet.com... (...) II-ish (...) gunboat?) (...) of (...) capsule (...) Thanks man. The J-wing was supposed to be kind of like the old kenner mini-rigs in that it (...) (23 years ago, 27-Feb-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: I-wing and J-wing

"Jamie Neufeld" <faraday81@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:Gs3rI7.54G@lugnet.com... (...) wait (...) Thanks Jamie. I don't think I put your models to shame at all. You've got some really cool ideas on your page. Namely every ship in the Misc. (...) (23 years ago, 27-Feb-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  7143

Picked up the set today at Meijer in Kalamazoo. Thanks to FBTB for the info. It's cool enough I suppose. I like the pieces. The landing gears are flimsy though. I do really like the cockpit glass. I'm at a crossroads though with Lego. On the one (...) (23 years ago, 26-Feb-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  7143

Picked it up at Wal-Mart in Kenosha, WI. They literally had almost 2 dozen sets on the shelf. Overall I think it's a great set. Only real complaint is the non "airtightness" of the cockpit and the non-hinging canopy that's been commented on already. (...) (23 years ago, 26-Feb-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Lobot's head.

I bought a Twin-Pod Cloud Car 3 days ago here in Oklahoma City. The bionic print on the back of my Lobot's head is almost perfectly symmetrical. You have to look very, very closely to tell that it's not perfectly in the middle of the back of his (...) (23 years ago, 26-Feb-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Mor e Episode II Sets

(...) Thanks for the link! Some intriguing-looking sets there, and some very interesting new pieces...I'm looking forward to the sets much more than I am to the movie. ;-) (23 years ago, 25-Feb-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: I-wing and J-wing

Jon, I absolutely love the new fighters. The J-Wing has that Episode II-ish look which you probably picked up from the many spoilers (Republic gunboat?) and the clean colors sure make it look like something from the last days of the Old Republic. (...) (23 years ago, 25-Feb-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: I-wing and J-wing

(...) Yes- I was thinking, though, that the J-Wing looks a lot more like the ship from R-Type. Someone around here used to have an R-Type in one of our hallways. I never did manage to get past the stupid maze level. Also, did you "cleanse" the (...) (23 years ago, 25-Feb-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: I-wing and J-wing

Hey, thats some nice work. Puts my models to shame, thats for sure. So far there is a tie for my favorite between the D-wing and the I-wing. Can't wait to see what coming up :). Jamie Neufeld www.jneufeld.20megsfree.com lugnet member #1248 (...) (23 years ago, 25-Feb-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: I-wing and J-wing

"James Simpson" <jsimpson@rice.edu> wrote in message news:Gs3oC6.FCB@lugnet.com... (...) Thanks! :-) -Jon -- | The Galactic Shipyard - (URL) My Lego Creations - (URL) Attack of the Bricks - (URL) (23 years ago, 25-Feb-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: I-wing and J-wing

"Mark Sandlin" <sandlin@nwlink.com> wrote in message news:Gs3MAx.858@lugnet.com... (...) like the (...) use (...) could (...) The bits of color is more or less all of my teal. Worked out pretty good though. The only good thing about Jack Stoned: the (...) (23 years ago, 25-Feb-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: I-wing and J-wing

"Jason Spears" <spearjr@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:Gs3Ao8.MrL@lugnet.com... (...) Hey Jason. Thanks for the comments. I used the green becuase of the lime green highlights on the Gunship. I don't have any dark red or lime (except for some (...) (23 years ago, 25-Feb-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: I-wing and J-wing

I love the I-Wing. Great stuff! james (...) (23 years ago, 25-Feb-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: I-wing and J-wing

(...) I really dig the "dot on the I" astromech pod. Very cool. I also really like the bits of color on the I-wing. The J-Wing really looks like a small version of the Republic Gunship. Nice use of the Jack Stoned canopy. The landing brace kind of (...) (23 years ago, 25-Feb-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: I-wing and J-wing

(...) I-Wing - A very interesting design. It fits the elegant period very well. That driod pod is very innovative. J-Wing - That is really neat looking. Very much the little brother of the Republic Gunship. My big question is though, why the green (...) (23 years ago, 25-Feb-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Yoda

Picked up the set with Yoda and Count Dooku today here in Singapore.Thought these were only supposed to show up in April.The shop also had the Jedi Starfighter.None of the other Ep2 sets were available.Guess someone somewhere got a bit too (...) (23 years ago, 25-Feb-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  I-wing and J-wing

Hey all. I just finished my 2 latest Star Wars fighters, bringing the total up to 8 so far. I'm going to refer you to a slightly different address this time: (URL) Oklahoma address is a mirror for this one but its been very slow lately. The Dallas (...) (23 years ago, 25-Feb-02, to lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.build, lugnet.general, lugnet.space, lugnet.starwars)

  Galactic Brick shows some more signs of life...

Just thought I'd drop word that this weeks seen some more updates to my favorite poster child, Galactic Brick. Just in case you wanted to humor me, or something. P.S. Any Salt Lakers seen any Ep. II sets locally? I'm eagerly awaiting the black (...) (23 years ago, 24-Feb-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Weaker click hinges?

While building my Jedi Starfighter that I purchased from Downtown Disney's LEGO store, i noticed that the click hinges were weaker. that is, they were MUCH easier to conjoin and there was less resistance when clicking. anyone else notice this? (23 years ago, 24-Feb-02, to lugnet.general, lugnet.starwars)

  anyone selling pieces from their Jedi Starfighters?

hey guys. I was wondering if anyone's going to be selling parts from their 7143s. I need sixteen of those white 2x4 wedge plates for my A-Wing and upcoming X-Wing. If you have any you'd like to sell, e-mail me at brucey_wan@hotmail.com. Thanks a (...) (23 years ago, 23-Feb-02, to lugnet.starwars)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact