 Star Wars / 12508
Re: I-wing and J-wing
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Mon, 25 Feb 2002 18:50:53 GMT

"Mark Sandlin" <sandlin@nwlink.com> wrote in message
news:Gs3MAx.858@lugnet.com...

Mmmm, good stuff, Jon.

I really dig the "dot on the I" astromech pod. Very cool. I also really • like the
bits of color on the I-wing.

The J-Wing really looks like a small version of the Republic Gunship. Nice • use
of the Jack Stoned canopy. The landing brace kind of bugs me... I think it • could
use a little "foot" on the bottom.

The bits of color is more or less all of my teal.  Worked out pretty good
though.

The only good thing about Jack Stoned: the canopies.  (plus a few other good
parts here and there)
I understand what you're saying about the brace but  I really just wanted it
to be as flush with the ship as possible when retracted.

I think the I-wing might be my favorite so far, however. I really like the • idea
of the little droid thingy zipping around blasting stuff. Reminds me of • the
power ups from the old NES game Gradius.

My tribute to just about every good 2D space shooter out there.  For a while
I was actually going to say it had the ability to bash into other ships. ;-)

-Jon (who has a sudden urge to play some R-Type)