 Space / 24757
Re: New vs. Old
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Thu, 12 Jun 2003 17:01:41 GMT

In lugnet.space, Nathan Wells wrote:
   In lugnet.space, Mark Sandlin wrote:
   In lugnet.space, John Henry Kruer wrote:

Jeez, I never claimed the title. I was just trying to make a small joke. I’m gonna retire from .space... everybody’s getting nasty here. I’ll just hang around in .Castle.

Wah.

It’s hardly gotten nasty in here. There has been a bit of stern language with some of the relative newbies, that’s all.

I get the impression you ‘old-timers’ (the first 500 or so people to join LUGNET) don’t like us ‘young whippersnappers’ invading .space.

Just my two cents,

Well, you are entitled to your opinion.

I don’t think being a LUGNET© member has anything to do with being an “old timer”. There are people who participated way before becoming a member and thus have a higher number. There were those who got in at just the right time and have a lower number. There are those who participate and are still not members.

I’m above the 500 mark, but have been around here for 5-6 years and don’t consider myself an old timer. There are those who have been around long before I arrived. However, I’ve been around long enough to know that age and date of community arrival are irrelevant.

What is relevant, is being able to participate in a constructive manner. As Bram pointed out, it’s the quality of the post that counts.

In the last week, I’ve seen WAY too much bitching and moaning from both newer and established posters. It has to STOP! A fictional rank for a fictional space force in a fictional universe, or a sig pic for a fictional company in the afore mentioned fictional universe is as insubstantial and inconsequential as the posters tenure. It doesn’t matter! Build something. That matters.

I’ld rather everyone shut up and put their bricks where there mouth is. That way, those of use who enjoy seeing other people’s MOCs don’t have to slog through the crap to find the shiny gem swallowed in the fracas.

-Duane, who is starting to feel nasty

FUT:O-T-Debate