 Space / 24747
Re: There can be only one
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Thu, 12 Jun 2003 16:30:40 GMT

   I think alot of the reply thing has to do with timing. What other projects are recently announced, what time of week-month-year, and presentation. That said, even a cool project like my buddy Ryan’s can go ignored with seemingly no reason. I think everyone gets burned by a mysterious lack of response every once in a while.

No one is being burned by a lack of respone around here, in my opinion. This is a community about sharing ideas and information. If people are here seeking attention and apporval, they’re here for the wrong reasons. Keith, you’ve posted plenty of times and I’ve either missed it or not responded. I think you know, I’m a fan of your work, though.

   You are right about that... a guy with a reputation can post a 2x2 brick snapped onto a treasure chest, and it will get 30 replies. “Brilliant, you’ve done it again!” “Kudos!”

I’ve seen Palmer, Sandlin, Giddens, (and even the famous Greco) post plenty without response. What some would call “giving the old-timers around here too much kudos” is actually friendship. That friendship was created by sticking around, posting MOCs, giving good feedback, and being an all around pleasant person. A newbie who comes around and whines isn’t making friends.

   Ah.. but this is where the newbie makes his mistake... you must continue to post, to flood the site with your greatness. Eventually, you will get the kudos you deserve. I have known the highs and lows of responces, and I think its a matter of time and number of projects. You have to earn a reputation. I’m still waiting for my membership card into the evil cabal.

Dude, you are part of the cabal. You’re the master of ultra-grey neo fascist regime building. Everyone knows your work: you are disrespectful to dirt, can you do any less?

Congrats Keith

How dramatic! You forget, my friend, lego is life. You can’t really ever leave it.

How true.