 Space / 24713
Re: There can be only one
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Thu, 12 Jun 2003 02:48:13 GMT

In lugnet.space, Dan Mattia wrote:

Either way, this thing has gotten to where the 'hierarchy' of Lugnet,
the original members, have established this 'little world' in where there
are many pics and an established rank.  To the new ones, be it new as in
year new or month new, they are, well, left out.  Ive been ignored
sometimes, as have others I know, and i admit its turned me off of posting.

Maybe I'm wrong, Maybe there is no hierarchy, but it seems that little
accomplishments by these 'old dudes' make more headlines then huge
accomplishments by unknown dudes, like myself.

I concur.  Some well-known "insider" posts something about a Fleebnork, but
when a "newbie" posts a real great ship, it is either ignored or hardly
replied to. This is why the newbie will eventually stop posting their MOCs.

The LUGNet hierarchy should not be classified by age, but by the way the
builder builds.  It feels good, I admit, if an "insider" replies to your MOC
post, because it makes you feel noticed.  But if no one replies, not even
fellow newbies, it decreases your morale.  Even if you have a great MOC but a
lower morale thanks to lack of replies, you don't want to post.

Remember guys, no one *has* to respond to anything.  We all respond when we do
because we simply want to.  It's a free continent.  You shouldn't be looking for
you want to show something that you have been working on.  I admit, it sucks not
getting responses (it's happened to me more often then not), but those are the
breaks.

~T