 Space / 24756
Re: New vs. Old
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Thu, 12 Jun 2003 17:01:19 GMT

In lugnet.space, Mark Sandlin wrote:
   In lugnet.space, Anne Carasik wrote:
   Just so you know, I’m a young whippersnapper, and none of the old timers seem to have a problem with me :)

That’s because you rock.

Sometimes I wonder if a lot of this complaining is just sour grapes.

-Grand Admiral and Keeper of Fleebnorks

As well as being one who rocks, Anne is a total class act. Take a look at not only her posts for her own MOC’s (which are amazing), look at her comments and critiques on other’s posts and models. She offers compliments, suggests improvements in a helpful and non-judgemental way and generally encourages the over all feeling of community of these boards. I don’t think I’ve ever even seen her type a word completely in caps.

JHK...same thing. A great guy who is fostering a fantastic natural talent through observation of all others, new and old, as well as offering praise and friendly direction.

Both these great members of .space have opinions and stand by them are respected because they are honest and generally want to help others and be helped themselves. Good lessons for us all.

Reading the posts of such folks helps set the standard for me...if I can do what these .spacers are doing, I know I’m doing my best to have a positive influence where I can.

When I first posted, one comment that stuck out was Lindsay Braun’s invitation to ‘look around and make some noise’. Eventually I did start to make some noise....but the looking around beforehand was invaluable and essential.

Look around, make some noise!

Cheers, -Gil