 Space / 24753
Re: There can be only one
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Thu, 12 Jun 2003 16:48:46 GMT

In lugnet.space, James Wilson wrote:
   In lugnet.space, Dan Mattia wrote: -snip-
   The reason I do not post my MOCs is not because they are CAD or microfig, but because it is a waste of time to post. I know I’ll get maybe one or two replies, so therefore I don’t waste my time. I have proven this.

Sheesh! I am just a Lugnet Lurker. I read posts, I look at cool MOCs by others, I play in LDRAW (MLCAD actually, but gotta give props to James Jessiman), I rarely ever finish a MOC. But I am SO TIRED of reading whiny posts like this. If your purpose for posting pics of a MOC is to get your ego stroked, I can’t tell you how sad I feel for you.

Excellent post, James!

One thing I might add is this -- I have built quite a few MOCs I’ve never posted. It just doesn’t do it for me. Sometimes I show friends pictures, or more often I bring them to LUG meetings and fests. It’s partially cause I’m too lazy to LDraw them without a good reason, and also partially cause I am not too big of a fan of my digital camera (seriously looking at a better one soon - yay!). But anyways, I get my fulfillment from the LEGO hobby by building on my own, or with my friends who come over to build - and on here, I like working to advance the hobby. Sure, it feels good if I post something and am complimented, but I don’t need that from this place.

Anyways, here are a couple teasers with my crappy camera - of a half-built MOC.

Teaser 1
Teaser 2

-Tim