 Robotics / RCX / *4855 (-100)
  Makefile bug in legOS 0.2.5 for win32

legOS 0.2.5 does not correctly add -D_WIN32 to CFLAGS when run under cygwin. This causes the dll and firmdl3 produced to be non-functional. Adding the define and recompiling corrects this. Also, there are stale .depend files in the 0.2.5 distro. (...) (23 years ago, 10-Jul-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Strange happenings

I'm using NQC 2.3r1 with the following code bit. task Fidget() //The Fidget task { while (true) { Wait (FidgetTime); Fwd (OUT_B); OnFor (OUT_B,100); HeadPos = 1; Wait (FidgetTime); Rev (OUT_B); OnFor (OUT_B,100); HeadPos = 0; Wait (FidgetTime); Rev (...) (23 years ago, 12-Jul-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: spirit.ocx and catching errors using MSVisualC++ 6.0

Hi Stef, (...) damned ! (...) Hmm, spirit.ocx off topic ?? I don't think this is off topic. They offer it with the following words (from pbrick.pdf) : " .... This technical reference guide is published to allow more creative freedom in the (...) (23 years ago, 10-Jul-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: spirit.ocx and catching errors using MSVisualC++ 6.0

hi Rainer, to bad, but again a negative answer ;-( I had the same question a few months ago (using Delphi, but that doesn't matter): quote===...=== The spirit.ocx definies a number of events (far more than in the ocx documentation are mentioned), (...) (23 years ago, 10-Jul-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  spirit.ocx and catching errors using MSVisualC++ 6.0

Hi All, does anyone manage to catch errors thrown from spirit.ocx ? I try to catch the error thrown from the Poll comand. The "Controlling LEGO Programmable Bricks Technical Reference" (pbrick.pdf) tells me that the application using the Poll(xx,yy) (...) (23 years ago, 10-Jul-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: Firnware 2.0 and RCXCC

Hi Rob, You can get the original version of RCXCC to support the RCX2 firmware. The main change is to add the following line to your autoexec.bat: SET NQC_OPTIONS=-TRCX2 Of course, you also need the new firmware and a version of NQC that supports (...) (23 years ago, 10-Jul-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: RCXcc Missing "disconnect commport"

hi John, thanks for your fast respons, just what I needed (at this moment ;-)) (...) best regards, Stef Mientki (23 years ago, 9-Jul-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Firnware 2.0 and RCXCC

Hi Everyone, Like the subject says, I am looking for some info on using the new firmware with RCXCC. Up until now, I have found the old version of NQC written by Mark Overmars to be more than enough for what I need. Just recently, though, I built a (...) (23 years ago, 9-Jul-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  RIS 2.0 shipping NOW for free in the US (limited offer)

Hi, These guys are shipping RIS 2.0 for $189.99. (URL) that you saw it in comp.robotics.misc and give them the following code #1070801crm and get it shipped free to anywhere in the USA. Cheers, Ram -- ,,,, /'^'\ ( o o ) -oOOO--(_)--OOOo---...--- | (...) (23 years ago, 9-Jul-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: RCXcc Missing "disconnect commport"

(...) I just uploaded a new zip containing version 3.2.9.7 of RcxCC which now has a menu option available to disconnect the COM port. I'm considering adding COM Automation support to RcxCC so that much of its functionality can be scripted. If anyone (...) (23 years ago, 9-Jul-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: RCXcc Missing "disconnect commport"

(...) Sorry about that, Stef. I'll put that menu option back in today. Thanks, John Hansen (23 years ago, 9-Jul-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  RCXcc Missing "disconnect commport"

hi John (Hansen or Binder ?) I used your RCXcc a few times, but I'm missing a very essential command (which was available in the orginal Mark Overmars RCXcc) "disconnect the commport". I can work around it, but this command could make things easier. (...) (23 years ago, 8-Jul-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: RCX Controlled Mobile De-coupler

I've just completed your version of the decoupler device and I must say that it's excellent! 8-wide train builders may want to modify this for clearance reasons though.-Harvey (23 years ago, 5-Jul-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.robotics.scout)

  Re: Matlab and RCX

(...) I have done alot of MATLAB control stuff on SUN's. To control an RCX you will probably have to write a "Mex" interface in C. There is an inerface library for Visual Basic called sprit (??). If this can be accesed as a library from C then just (...) (23 years ago, 5-Jul-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: constants for NQC using firmware 0328

(...) The wierd thing about the bytecodes provided by lego for direct serial communication (used by SendSerial() etc.) is that they are Tx only - there aren't any corresponding Rx capabilities. However, its possible that the 4800 baud setting is (...) (23 years ago, 4-Jul-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Matlab and RCX

I have searched all over the internet for some documentation on this subject and what I have found has not helped me. What I want to do is control the RCX using Matlab only. That encompasses, transfering the firmware, programming, and data (...) (23 years ago, 2-Jul-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Is this an error in legOS 0.2.5?

Hi, browsing through the legOS 0.2.5 source I found the following part in kernel/battery.c: ---...--- //! battery indicator handler, called from system timer interrupt #ifdef CONF_RCX_COMPILER void battery_refresh(void) { #else (...) (23 years ago, 2-Jul-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  First time kernel hacker...

Hi all, Im fiddling with the kernel for the first time and I have a problem I was wondering if anyone could help with. I really needed a function to be executed at exact pulse intervals and msleep wasnt doing it for me so I thought Id put a call (...) (23 years ago, 30-Jun-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: WinLegOS

(...) Hi, you can download all the files you need at: (URL) need to download a patch for the Vc++ 6 to get it successfully compiled, because Vc++ 6 has a compiler bug. Olaf Christ (23 years ago, 29-Jun-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  WinLegOS

Hi all, Where can I get WinlegOS? I'm trying to download it from (URL) but the link to the file is broken. Un saludo from Spain, R. Lou (ricardlou@yahoo.com) (23 years ago, 23-Jun-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: constants for NQC using firmware 0328

Dave, do I understand it right, that i can use 4800 baud only to transmit data and not to receive data ? best regards, Rainer (...) (23 years ago, 27-Jun-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: constants for NQC using firmware 0328

Ooops, sorry, I did'nt notice this section in the FAQ (in your book as well !). Thanks a lot Dave best regards Rainer (...) (23 years ago, 27-Jun-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: constants for NQC using firmware 0328

Make sure that you are targeting RCX 2.0. Some IDEs allow you to set this in a preference. For the command line version, add -Trcx2 to the command. You can also use the NQC_OPTIONS environment variable. See (URL) for more info. Dave Baum (...) (23 years ago, 27-Jun-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  constants for NQC using firmware 0328

Hi All, Has anyone succedded using the SetSerialComm() Command with the constants as described in the NQC documentation (in the Extreme Mindstorms book as well, Dave are you listening ?) ? I tried today, but did'nt succeed. I tried it this way : (...) (23 years ago, 27-Jun-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Lego robot controlled by Java phone: source code

Hello, I wrote up a little article about the demonstration I put together for JavaOne. The article includes links to the source code and talks a little bit about how the pieces fit together. In a nutshell, a Java-enabled mobile phone talks via the (...) (23 years ago, 26-Jun-01, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.robotics.rcx.java)

  LEGO Robots used in lab course

Hi! Here in Uppsala, we have used LEGO RCX bricks running LegOS for a course in real-time systems. More information about the lab, and some MPEG movies of the final robots, can be found at: (URL) (23 years ago, 26-Jun-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Troubleshooting LeJOS... how?

First attempt ever at using leJOS. 1) Windows2000 2) System variable RCXTTY=COM1 3) NQC, ROBOLAB, RCX Code, and VB all work fine 4) New batteries in RCX, new battery in tower 5) lejos lib directory in CLASSPATH 6) lejos bin directory in front of (...) (23 years ago, 26-Jun-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.java)

  Robot Transfer Protocol (a Hack from MacHack)

(URL) Transfer Protocol is a way to transfer text data from one computer to another. For MacHack it turned a typed message into a dialog box on the other computer's screen. The phrase suggested by the audience was "Shave My Poodle"." -Ben (23 years ago, 25-Jun-01, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.robotics.rcx.robolab)

  REALbasic and serial ports

Hi all, I want to try REALbasic with the Lego RCX. I think that this could be another programming tool for the Macintosh to do everything nearly like Visual Basic and Windows. Therefore I need some program code to use the serial ports in my (...) (23 years ago, 24-Jun-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  reliable lnp ...

Hi, i always thought that LNP isnt reliable. Although this seems to be true in general, because lnp.c does not send any acknowlege-packets back, when downloading code (program.c) acknowledge-packets ARE sent back to to the PC (DLL), right ? So my (...) (23 years ago, 24-Jun-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: RFC compliant TCP/IP and /or a new Version of LNP

(...) There was a while back, but I haven't heard anything for a while. (...) You might try one of the embedded versions of Linux. ROSCO (23 years ago, 23-Jun-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Good news (Bad Rcx of ir transmitter)

(...) Dan, my experience with an RCX1.5 is that the IR tower and RCX communicate unnerringly at a distance of (say) 20 cm under low light conditions. Also, the remote control accessory unit will start and stop programs at a distance of 6 meters (...) (23 years ago, 22-Jun-01, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  RFC compliant TCP/IP and /or a new Version of LNP

Hi, is there someone who is currently working on a real (RFC-compliant) TCP/IP implementation for legOS to make the lnp obsolete ? Does anybody know where to find an extremely small TCP/IP implementation that could be ported to legOS ? PS: When will (...) (23 years ago, 22-Jun-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: lnp rcx hostaddress

(...) Hi, could you please post the code ? Thanks Cu, Olaf "Dammit Jim, I'm a programmer not a brain surgeon!" (23 years ago, 22-Jun-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Good news (Bad Rcx of ir transmitter)

DH> I believe that that may DH> be because of background light, has anyone ever experienced this problem? Hi, this is indeed a possible cause of errors... have you tried putting tower and RCX under a box and then trying to transmit? (23 years ago, 22-Jun-01, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Good news (Bad Rcx of ir transmitter)

I have to share good news about my RCX and ir transmitter, I have tried just about every firmware that is available for download on the net. When using a tip from someone on the list I tried the Lego firmware 2.0 beta and got the ir transmitter anbd (...) (23 years ago, 22-Jun-01, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: Bad Rcx's or bad ir

(...) I hope you proved (somehow) that the problem is *not* with your serial port. Even if you have selected which COM port (or let it select automatically) there is the possibility the signal is not getting through. Does the green light in the (...) (23 years ago, 21-Jun-01, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re[2]: Bad Rcx's or bad ir

Hi, maybe you are using a too-old battery in the tower? (23 years ago, 21-Jun-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: Bad Rcx's or bad ir

Dan, I had the same problem with a newly purchased RCX - turned out to be the tower. I rang Lego support, they did some trouble-shooting and finally told me to take it back and get a replacement. I managed to change the whole set, so I can't say for (...) (23 years ago, 21-Jun-01, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Bad Rcx's or bad ir

I believe that i have a dead rcx, or a problem w/ the ir transmitter (doubtfull). I have a Lego Mindstorms Robotics Invention System 1.5, and have succesfully installed the firmware using the cd given along with the set. But when i try to download (...) (23 years ago, 20-Jun-01, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Version 1.2 of the NQCEditor & RCXControl Released! (For PocketPC MIPS & ARM)

Version 1.2 of the NQCEditor & RCXControl Released! This is the Rainer Keuchel Version. This is for the PocketPC PPC and HPC. MIPS and ARM supported! It's located here: (URL) features including the ability to download firmware, compile, download, (...) (23 years ago, 20-Jun-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: problem with floating point numbers (legOS 0.2.5)

(...) Yes, the gcc version (2.96) which comes with RH 7.1 doesn't compile the things older versions used to do it. For example try to recompile kernel 2.2.5 and you'll see a strange error con checksum.S. As far as I know 2.96 is not a stable (...) (23 years ago, 19-Jun-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  May Dario Laverde's RCX java API work with RIS1.5 ?

hi, I am sure Dario Laverde's RCX java API is based on RIS1.0. But the currently sold RIS version is 1.5. I want to use Laverde's RCX java API to control the robot made of RIS1.5. Is it possible? Any response would be appreciated. Yang (23 years ago, 19-Jun-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.java)

  Re: RCX Controlled Mobile Decoupler and Train Marshling Station

Thanks for a reader to tell me using VirtualDub.sourceforge.net to edit my video files, now you can download them at (URL) Marshling can marshal train, for example, the original train is 321L (car3+car2+car1+loco), after marshaling, train will (...) (23 years ago, 19-Jun-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.robotics.scout)

  Re: Rotation Sensor

Ben, Thanks for the response. I was interested in the "Wait for Rotation". I was not able to duplicate your suggestion, but I learned a great deal trying. Robolab is a very interesting approach to programming. I am glad that I have your book to lean (...) (23 years ago, 19-Jun-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.robolab)

  Re: Rotation Sensor

Which command are you refering to? "Wait for Rotation" is positive-only I think, whereas "Angle Sensor Fork" and "Angle Container" can both deal with negatives. To make a "wait for" out of a fork, you would put a Jump in the branch of the fork that (...) (23 years ago, 17-Jun-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.robolab)

  RCX Controlled Mobile Decoupler and Train Marshling Station

I have two avi files that are taken by LEGOCAM, but the files are too big (20M and 25M), Does anyone know if there are any freeware for editing avi file? I hope I can edit those big files. (...) (23 years ago, 17-Jun-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.robotics.scout)

  Rotation Sensor

I am very new to Robolab. I have version 2.0 and I am wondering if the rotation sensor can be programmed to react to a negative number? It seems to ignore the negative sign and react to it as a positive. -- Bob Fay rfay@we.mediaone.net (URL) (23 years ago, 16-Jun-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.robolab)

  RoboLab 2.x?

Is anyone aware of any planned or potential updates for RoboLab 2.0. It's a great piece of software but I feel that it could be so much more. Thanks, Ed Cox (23 years ago, 16-Jun-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.robolab)

  Liblnp bug found and squashed ?

This is no good: I'm beginning to talk to myself ;] This is a follow-up on my previous post, and (hopefully) an answer to problem number 3. 'Bit technical I'm afraid. I'M STILL STUCK ON THE OTHER PROBLEMS (as of tonight anyway it's 23:48 and I'm at (...) (23 years ago, 14-Jun-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Iteresting thread to work in progress on Porting NQC to PocketPC

(URL) it seems that the WinCE/PocketPC builds are not being updated. I find this hard to believe as the portable units make field programing a breeze! Dean -- Dean's Lego Workshop: (URL) Lego Club: (URL) (23 years ago, 14-Jun-01, to lugnet.robotics.palm, lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Squeak for RCX

Has anyone considered using Squeak to build a graphical RCX programmer app? (URL) wondering if it's possible and am not much of a programmer myself. -Suz (23 years ago, 13-Jun-01, to lugnet.robotics.edu, lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: Data-transfering RCX -> PC in LeJOS

I made a small communication package which might help you. See (URL) Kjærgaard "Roger Glassey" <glassey@ieor.berkeley.edu> wrote in message news:GD5Kxq.G6G@lugnet.com... | I hope you can solve your problem; I would be very interested in finding | (...) (23 years ago, 13-Jun-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.java)

  Re: Server-side Java -> RCX?

I have just put a software package for leJOS communication on my project website. (URL) the page you will find a small sample program consisting of a leJOS program and a JSP servlet. Both parts are using the communication package RCXCOMM. The (...) (23 years ago, 13-Jun-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.java)

  Lego LED Lights for Debugging or Decoration

Hi. I manufacture several types of Lego brick incorporating LEDs. These are small 'lights' which can be attached to RCX motor outputs. Their colour can be set by the motor direction and their brightness can be set by the motor power. You can see (...) (23 years ago, 12-Jun-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: Some assorted questions

(...) I don't know pre-0.2.3 versions, but now you can find it in `include/dsound.h'. (...) In principle it's possible, but changing the linking scheme involves too much work, IMHO. (...) Use the macro `ds_scale' (in `include/dsensor.h') to get RAW (...) (23 years ago, 11-Jun-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Lnp collision under Linux

Hi ! I'm having trouble trying to make a Linux box (Mandrake 7.2 kernel 2.2.17-21mdksmp) communicate with my RCX. My ultimate goal is to try and make the PC control the RCX via infrared (so as not to suffer from the RCX memory limitations). To do (...) (23 years ago, 11-Jun-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Some assorted questions

Hi, all - I was reading through the sources, and I noticed that starting with 0.2.3, there was no dsound_play. Does anybody know why the 8 kHz sound playing subsystem was taken out? That was, IMHO, a way cool feature. Was it just too buggy? Also, I (...) (23 years ago, 10-Jun-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Server-side Java -> RCX?

(...) I have successfully used servlets to let web-pages and wap phones controll a RCX from the internet. The difficult thing is to communicate wih the RCX, but when that works, it's easy to move logic to servlets. Björn Lundin (23 years ago, 10-Jun-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.java)

  Re: Control Mindstorm robot with only a mobile phone

No problem... Oh wait, I got a phone call for my RCX, got to go... Jorge F. (...) (23 years ago, 7-Jun-01, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.rcx.java, lugnet.mediawatch)

  Server-side Java -> RCX?

Has anyone figured out a way to have java programs (not javascript) control an RCX via the internet? I was thinking of java on jsp or jhtml pages. Any thoughts or ideas? (23 years ago, 7-Jun-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.java)

  Re: Control Mindstorm robot with only a mobile phone

OMIGOD!!!!!! I'm a Tech for Voicestream, and I build Robots!!!...!!!1 LOL.........LOL Louder!!!...!!! www.brickshelf.com/c...Legomaster thanks for bringing this to my attention! Eric (...) (23 years ago, 7-Jun-01, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.rcx.java, lugnet.mediawatch)

  Re: RCX Controlled Mobile De-coupler

(...) Thanks alot for posting the instructions, I'll be building this myself!-Harvey (23 years ago, 7-Jun-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.robotics.scout)

  Re: RCX Controlled Mobile De-coupler

(...) Hi Zhengrong my name is Tony and I’m new to train stuff. I used to be a big space guy. But now I’ve turned into a train guy sine I started helping out in train shows. I would like to learn more about your inventions with trains. I’ve been on (...) (23 years ago, 7-Jun-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.robotics.scout)

  Control Mindstorm robot with only a mobile phone

Robot-heads, check this out: (URL) neat, but I don't see myself using this as of yet... Jorge F. (23 years ago, 6-Jun-01, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.rcx.java, lugnet.mediawatch)

  Re: Music with Lego

KOS> If I try to have my RCX1.0 playing these 11 notes, it will only play approx. 7 KOS> of them. It seems like if a buffer is running full or something... KOS> If I put in some waiting, it works all fine Hi, that's because this is the way it works. (...) (23 years ago, 6-Jun-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Music with Lego

If I try to have my RCX1.0 playing these 11 notes, it will only play approx. 7 of them. It seems like if a buffer is running full or something... task main() { PlayTone(262, 40); PlayTone(294, 40); PlayTone(330, 40); PlayTone(349, 40); PlayTone(392, (...) (23 years ago, 6-Jun-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  I want to call my robot.....

Any one want to make a phone call to thier RCX? (URL) came across this. I caught my RCX calling a cute handyboard in toledo. (23 years ago, 5-Jun-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: showing my ignorance of makefiles :)

(...) Hi- You need to compile the the source files into object files with "make blah.o", replacing blah with the "blah" in blah.cpp. Then, just add the .o file names to DOBJECTS in the Makefile. HTH, --Quentin (23 years ago, 3-Jun-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: firmdl3 error - bad ir link

(...) I just booted into windows, and the tower was working fine, so i downloaded the LEGO firmware. Now that I'm back in Linux, the tower seems to be fine. Go figure. Maybe there was another linux app that had the serial port open, and it was (...) (23 years ago, 2-Jun-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: firmdl3 error - bad ir link

(...) In order to warm up the tower, firmdl3 repeatedly sends out some bytes until the tower echos those same bytes back. If this fails to succeed within four seconds, you get the bad link error. I have no idea what is wrong with your tower if (...) (23 years ago, 2-Jun-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  firmdl3 error - bad ir link

Hi- Recently, I've been getting the "bad ir link" error from firmdl3. I can't figure out what's wrong - I've tried new batteries, different lighting conditions, near/far mode, slow/fast. I hope I haven't fried my tower - could someone please tell me (...) (23 years ago, 2-Jun-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: problem with floating point numbers (legOS 0.2.5)

(...) Okay, good to hear the problem has been resolved. Hopefully the person who ran into this problem before you also found something that worked in the end. -Kekoa (23 years ago, 31-May-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: IR Tower Use

If you're using Linux, see if Linux IR tools can chat with a tower -- or if some other RS-232 IR device can chat with a Lego device. I haven't had time to do such tests yet. (23 years ago, 30-May-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: IR Tower Use

(...) The only IrCOMM I know of is part of the IrDA standard. It provides something that looks just like a typical serial port to the application, but underneath is layered on top of IrLAP (packet based link level prototocol for IrDA). This means (...) (23 years ago, 30-May-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: problem with floating point numbers (legOS 0.2.5)

(...) In my legOS setup (legOS0.2.5, SuSE linux 7.0), all programs work as expected. Have you changed something lately in the float-library? Or are there different versions of the gcc crsosscompiler chain? Mike (23 years ago, 29-May-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: IR Tower Use

(...) nod, but that made me think if we can use the IrComm package, and use a laptop's ir port to communicate with the rcx - didn't get a chance to try it yet - did anyone? Dan (23 years ago, 29-May-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: IR Tower Use

(...) Ooops, sorry. I didn't really mean proprietary -- I meant "not normal for remote controls". (23 years ago, 29-May-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  gcc [was Re: problem with floating point numbers (legOS 0.2.5)]

Has anyone tried to use gcc 3.0 (one of the pres) with legOS? Just curious... Luis (...) (23 years ago, 29-May-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: problem with floating point numbers (legOS 0.2.5)

(...) Actually, the problem seems to come with gcc 2.96 (recent installation of Red Hat 7.1). My program runs without any problem on an other PC with gcc 2.95. I have forced the system to use egcs, re-built everything, and now it works fine. (23 years ago, 29-May-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Library

I have written a tiny messaging package for lejos. What I'm having trouble with is where to put it and it's class files so that I can use it in my lejos programs just like one of the lejos classes/packages. Currently I have to place a copy of my (...) (23 years ago, 29-May-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: lnp rcx hostaddress [and a summer legOS release?]

I'm very open, to feedback to tell me why I'm nuts and/or to help in making sure I don't break anything important to current legOS users. I certainly won't change anything serious without announcing and discussing it here. Luis (...) (23 years ago, 29-May-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: lnp rcx hostaddress [and a summer legOS release?]

Hi I'm preparing for the same project Vittorio's working on, a high level library in C++ to send explicit commands to rcx from a pc and back. I hope if you gonna change the low level library you will mantain a certain compatibility so that I won't (...) (23 years ago, 28-May-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: lnp rcx hostaddress [and a summer legOS release?]

Vittorio- I've frequently wondered the same, but since I've never had reason to use LNP I've never fixed it. If you'd like to submit a patch I'll gladly apply it to the source tree. In other news- I'm back, more or less. While this week will be (...) (23 years ago, 27-May-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  lnp rcx hostaddress

I have an important question: WHY the rcx lnp address (and mask) is hardcoded in the library? I inspected the source code for both the pc part and the rcx part. The pc library is well formed and the init function allows you to set up the address and (...) (23 years ago, 27-May-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: problem with floating point numbers (legOS 0.2.5)

(...) You are the second person to report something like this, so there must be something wrong somewhere. I will take a closer look at this when I get a chance. I am busy until Tuesday though. I know I will forget, so keep e-mailing me until I fix (...) (23 years ago, 26-May-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: IR Tower Use

(...) This isn't true at all. The tower converts an RS-232 serial transmission directly into IR and vice-versa. It is a pretty standard protocol. -Kekoa (23 years ago, 26-May-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: IR Tower Use

(...) You can't really do what you are trying to do. The tower is designed to operate in request-reply mode. It sends a request, waits a few seconds, receives a reply during that time, then turns off. The idle state of the tower is off, and (...) (23 years ago, 26-May-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: Custom Firmware, IR Problems, and Dead RCXs (long)

(...) Maybe this is shedding some light on why LEGO removed the Power Port in the 1.5's. To remove a known problem without dealing with it.?.?.? Dean -- Coin-Op's For Sale!: (URL) Lego Workshop: (URL) Lego Club: (URL) (23 years ago, 26-May-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  RE: Custom Firmware, IR Problems, and Dead RCXs (long)

Even more interesting.... I've also just replaced the IRED I replaced a few hours ago in my RCX :-( This time, I'm putting a limiting resistor between the IREDs in the RCX to keep the current within limits. The following is pure conjecture on my (...) (23 years ago, 26-May-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  RE: Custom Firmware, IR Problems, and Dead RCXs (long)

(...) Actually, there's a regulator on the Tower that takes the voltage for the digital side to +5 and keeps it there. The capacitor is only rated for 10V. The higher voltage will allow higher current through the IREDs as they are connected right to (...) (23 years ago, 26-May-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: Custom Firmware, IR Problems, and Dead RCXs (long)

(...) I'm pretty sure I know your problem to your number 2... The IR Tower has no protection against higher power. Running an unregulated power source into the IR tower is not a good idea! Use a 9v regulator package (The little 3 prong packages with (...) (23 years ago, 26-May-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Custom Firmware, IR Problems, and Dead RCXs (long)

The following information is my own opinion and not endorsed or verified in any way by LEGO. That being said, I think that now is the time to relate some experiences I've had over the past couple of months with my RCX and IR tower - and it boils (...) (23 years ago, 26-May-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.robotics.rcx.pbforth, lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: IR Tower Use

(...) Not really -- the tower uses its own proprietary communcations format. It's similar enough to that used by remote controls that learning remotes can pick up the signals, but I haven't heard of anyone going the other way around. (23 years ago, 25-May-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  IR Tower Use

I know this may be a bit off topic, but didn't know where else to post, I own an IR tower and remote control, and was wondering if it is possible to use the IR tower for other things. eg using PC + tower to control stereo/TV, or using IR remote to (...) (23 years ago, 25-May-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  problem with floating point numbers (legOS 0.2.5)

Hi Here are two programs I've compiled and downloaded into my RCX. The first one works fine whereas the second doesn't (no music). Since the only difference between them is the type of the variable "number", I'm worrying about the ability of the (...) (23 years ago, 25-May-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: LVI install problems

Had an error "C:\Program Files\JavaSoft\JRE\1...1\Classes" is not a directory, but I just created a directory there and now it's working fine. Thanks!! (23 years ago, 24-May-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.java)

  Re: LVI install problems

At least it runs. :-) That error means that for some reason install could not create the directory .lvi in your windows directory. Check to see if you are able to create a folder in the Windows directory by hand, as this just calls "standard" java (...) (23 years ago, 24-May-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.java)

  Re: modulo in legOS 2.4 ?

-----Original Message----- From: Ciaran Jessup <ciaranjessup@myrealbox.com> To: lugnet.robotics.rcx....lugnet.com <lugnet.robotics.rcx...ugnet.com> Date: 24. mai 2001 22:39 Subject: Re: modulo in legOS 2.4 ? (...) an (...) you (...) ah, i mean the (...) (23 years ago, 24-May-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: modulo in legOS 2.4 ?

do you mean 3mod3 = 0 or mod(-3)=mod(3)= 3 ? If you mean the first then you want the %age operator, otherwise you want an 'abs' function not sure if legOS supports this as doesn't support floats(entirely), but you can always write a quick (...) (23 years ago, 24-May-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact