 Robotics / RCX / 1282
Re: Matlab and RCX
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx
Date:
Thu, 5 Jul 2001 11:06:34 GMT

In lugnet.robotics.rcx, Greg Rycerz writes:
I have searched all over the internet for some documentation on this subject
and what I have found has not helped me.  What I want to do is control the
RCX using Matlab only. That encompasses, transfering the firmware,
programming, and data aquisition. Does anyone know where I can find docs
that would help me?  Or if you know how to do it, please email me.

Thank you,
Greg

I have done alot of MATLAB control stuff on SUN's. To control an RCX you will
probably have to write a "Mex" interface in C. There is an inerface library for
Visual Basic called sprit (??). If this can be accesed as a library from C then
just write Mex "wrappers" for its functions. Someone wrote a Perl interface for
controlling the RCX which you might look at as a staring point for a Mex
equivalent. For quick an dirty, especially for downloading you could just do
system command calls on NQC.

Lester