 Robotics / RCX / legOS / 1916
Re: problem with floating point numbers (legOS 0.2.5)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos
Date:
Tue, 19 Jun 2001 15:24:16 GMT

In lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos, Laurent Bancon writes:

Actually, the problem seems to come with gcc 2.96 (recent installation of
Red Hat 7.1). My program runs without any problem on an other PC with gcc
2.95. I have forced the system to use egcs, re-built everything, and now it
works fine.

Yes, the gcc version (2.96) which comes with RH 7.1 doesn't compile the
things older versions used
to do it.  For example try to recompile kernel 2.2.5 and you'll see a
strange error con checksum.S.
As far as I know 2.96 is not a stable version, I don't know why the guys of
RH have included it. The
solution is near try compat-egcs packages from the same version (7.1) and
deinstall gcc 2.96.