 Robotics / RCX / legOS / 1917
Re: lnp rcx hostaddress
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos
Date:
Fri, 22 Jun 2001 14:29:22 GMT

In lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos, Vittorio Zamparella writes:
I have an important question:

WHY the rcx lnp address (and mask) is hardcoded in the library?

I inspected the source code for both the pc part and the rcx part.
The pc library is well formed and the init function allows you to set up the
address and mask.
Instead the rcx  lnp library (lnp.c) lacks of a real init function and the
internals rely on configuration symbols rather than variables. It is really
not clear the purpose of this choice.

The work needed to straighten the library is minimal: two more variables, an
init function (based on the pc-side library) and the change of to lines in
the logical-received function.
And I'm gonna do it because our project specifically needs to use multiple
rcx toghether.

Comments on this topics will be appreciated.

Ciao,
    Vittorio
Hi,
could you please post the code ?

Thanks

Cu,
Olaf

"Dammit Jim, I'm a programmer not a brain surgeon!"