 Robotics / RCX / legOS / 1912
1911  |  1913
Subject:
Some assorted questions
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos
Date:
Sun, 10 Jun 2001 19:25:48 GMT

Hi, all -

I was reading through the sources, and I noticed that starting with
0.2.3, there was no dsound_play. Does anybody know why the 8 kHz sound
playing subsystem was taken out? That was, IMHO, a way cool feature. Was
it just too buggy?

Also, I was wondering (I know, I ought to read some OS design books
first) if it was possible to NOT have to use a dynamic linker script?
Meaning, is there a way to make it such that one does NOT have to
recompile all the .lx files after rebuilding the kernel?

In addition, I'm having some trouble using a temperature sensor. On
Michael Gasperi's pages, I found the formula: Degrees C = (785-RAW)/8.
The problem is that this is designed for NQC and such, where RAW means
0-1023, and I know that SENSOR_n has a different range. How do I convert
SENSOR_n's value into a 0-1023 RAW value?

Thanks in advance for any help.

-Jacob