 Robotics / RCX / legOS / 1914
Re: Some assorted questions
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos
Date:
Mon, 11 Jun 2001 22:17:50 GMT

Jacob Potter <jacobdp@earthlink.net> writes:

I was reading through the sources, and I noticed that starting with
0.2.3, there was no dsound_play.

I don't know pre-0.2.3 versions, but now you can find it in
`include/dsound.h'.

Also, I was wondering (I know, I ought to read some OS design books
first) if it was possible to NOT have to use a dynamic linker script?
Meaning, is there a way to make it such that one does NOT have to
recompile all the .lx files after rebuilding the kernel?

In principle it's possible, but changing the linking scheme involves too
much work, IMHO.

The problem is that this is designed for NQC and such, where RAW means
0-1023, and I know that SENSOR_n has a different range. How do I convert
SENSOR_n's value into a 0-1023 RAW value?

Use the macro `ds_scale' (in `include/dsensor.h') to get RAW (0-1023) values.

bye
Bernardo
New e-mail: dibbe@freestation.it