 Robotics / RCX / legOS / 1924
1923  |  1925
Subject:
First time kernel hacker...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos
Date:
Sat, 30 Jun 2001 02:08:14 GMT

Hi all,

Im fiddling with the kernel for the first time and I have a problem I was
wondering if anyone could help with. I really needed a function to be
executed at exact pulse intervals and msleep wasnt doing it for me so I
thought Id put a call into systime_handler. I just basically cut and past
code from dmotor to get it working. In systime.c (systime_handler):

#ifdef CONF_DLNP
        "
                jsr _dlnp_handler               ; call directlnp hander
"

and then I included a directlnp.h and .c with the following (.c):

#ifdef CONF_RCX_COMPILER
void dlnp_handler(void)
{
#else
HANDLER_WRAPPER("dlnp_handler","dlnp_core");
void dlnp_core(void)
{
#endif
return;
}

and (.h):

extern void dlnp_handler()
#ifdef CONF_RCX_COMPILER
    __attribute__ ((rcx_interrupt))
#endif
;

This compiles and runs fine until you upload certain lx files. I dont know
why but if you put a getchar() call into your program it will crash the
entire RCX - you cant even turn it off! Simply nothing works.

I would really appreciate any help at all because I dont know how something
so simple is going wrong! By the way, if anyone is intrigued, Im writing an
extension to lnp to allow communication between two RCXs via a cable
connected to the motor on one and the sensor port on the other.

Thanks again for any help,

Nathan Lovell