 Robotics / 15582
15581  |  15583
Subject:
Bad Rcx's or bad ir
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.rcx
Date:
Wed, 20 Jun 2001 13:53:25 GMT

I believe that i have a dead rcx, or a problem w/ the ir transmitter
(doubtfull).  I have a Lego Mindstorms Robotics Invention System 1.5,
and have succesfully installed the firmware using the cd given along
with the set.  But when i try to download the test program, it bails
out with an error stating the the rcx is not responding, or the ir
transmitter is bad.  I went through the whole troubleshooter, with no avail.  I
have tried communicating under both the lego mindstorms
software, and under the Tcl RCX Bytecode Compiler:

http://www.autobahn.org/~peterp/rcx/

Of which neither has worked, this is the transcript of the attempt by
using the Tcl RCX Bytecode Compiler:

% source rcx.tcl
% connect
% source torbot.tcl
% beam 5
ping...No response from RCX
%
--end of transcript

If anyone has any help that they can offer it would be gladly
appreciated.  Thank You

Dan