 Robotics / RCX / NQC / 1168
1167  |  1169
Subject:
Firnware 2.0 and RCXCC
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc
Date:
Mon, 9 Jul 2001 19:50:42 GMT

Hi Everyone,
Like the subject says, I am looking for some info on using the new firmware
with RCXCC. Up until now, I have found the old version of NQC written by
Mark Overmars to be more than enough for what I need. Just recently, though,
I built a robot that sorts bricks into five different colour categories. The
light sensor is mounted at one side of the feeder, and checks the colour as
bricks slide past. To allow the gripper access to the blocks, the sensor is
higher up on the side of the feeder. This means that somehow the colour of
the bricks and their order must be remembered somehow. My first thought was
an array, which is only available in the new firmware. What I am looking for
is some fairly simple instructions on how to get the new firmware working
with RCXCC. Any help would be greatly appreciated,
Rob