 Robotics / Handy Board / *7744 (-100)
  Grizz, Let me know.

Hi Let me know if you get this message so I know if we are on the same list? Thanks -Mike (24 years ago, 31-May-00, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Expansion board question?

Hi I added the expansion board to my HB. I dowloded the propper files and My question is how do I check to see if my expansion board is working and has the files it needs? Thanks! -Mike (24 years ago, 31-May-00, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: Expansion Board problems (Kinda OT)

(...) I was trying to build a 110V AC -> 24V DC power supply from Radio Shack parts once... It was late at night and I was tired. I only had a 12v transformer, so I pulled out an electronics book and build a voltage doubler on the output side of the (...) (24 years ago, 31-May-00, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Question burn the board?

Hi , I have not recieved the HB yet but its on order, my question is I saw in the freeware IC, BURN THE BOARD icon? Is this used to load the programs I write or is it something else? Thanks for any info. -Mike (24 years ago, 29-May-00, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Test 2**

just a test to see if I have the correct address to send... (24 years ago, 29-May-00, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Test **

Just checking something... (24 years ago, 29-May-00, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: hbdl question

Todd, There are Two options on the Windows program HBDL.EXE 1. Download - This downloads a bootloader then a file to the external RAM of the handy board. 2. Burn - This (attempts) to download a file to the HandyBoards 68Hc11 internal EEPROM. Thus (...) (24 years ago, 28-May-00, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: my handy is death ????

Do you mean that when you turn on the Handy Board, the motors start to run spontaneously? I used to have that problem, too, but only when there was no program yet loaded. I saw a message on this mailing list a few months back that suggested a remedy (...) (24 years ago, 27-May-00, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: IC question

You might try something like: while( 1 ) { if( start_button() ) printf( "you pressed the start button\n" ); else printf( "\n" ); msleep( 250L ); } or simply: { start_press(); printf( "you pressed the start button\n" ); } -- Will (...) +---...---+ | (...) (24 years ago, 27-May-00, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  my handy is death ????

Mister They in my university bought 6 HandyBoard for the development of courses relations with IA. 2 of the Handyboard failed one of them sample in their screen for causes that not yet are known, the Interactive C, as if I you work correctly, the (...) (24 years ago, 27-May-00, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  hbdl question

when using hbdl what does the burn the board option do? It says download to eprom. What file should you download to the eprom? Is this necessary? Thanks, Todd (24 years ago, 27-May-00, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  IC question

Just got my handyboard, and I am new to programming, so I have a probably simple question for you all. I have been playing around with IC trying to get responses on the LCD from start button presses. if I send the following on the IC command line : (...) (24 years ago, 27-May-00, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: Digital outputs.

You can use solid state relays with 5 VDC inputs and DC outputs to control large loads. The inputs require very little current. It is less expensive to build transistor switches, which will do the same thing, but obviously much simpler to use (...) (24 years ago, 25-May-00, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  handy board, motor problems

I have six handy board for academics activities in my University. In two, I have problems: When move power switch ON, the same indicators(leds) of motors outputs work, with load programs and without load programs. ¿What's happening? Thank (24 years ago, 25-May-00, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  CCD on the handyboard ??

Maybe someone already discussed this argument.... I'd like to connect a CCD to the handyboard, but how ?? What comes out from a CCD ? How to interface the CCD's output signal ? Anyone can help me ? Stefano (24 years ago, 25-May-00, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: Digital outputs.

Todd, The outputs can control a transistor, that is powered by a separate higher current o/p. (Poor text diagram following) Vsupply _ | / Dig Out ---...---| <- Tansistor \ | |__ Vout (...) Charles Hacker Lecturer in Electronics, Computing and (...) (24 years ago, 25-May-00, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Digital outputs.

How would I go about making the digital outputs capable of controlling a higher current than the 5 ma that is standard? Can a switching transistor be controlled by them? Or do I need some sort of IC to do the job? Particularly I would like to be (...) (24 years ago, 25-May-00, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  servos again

I'm still at my servo question :) the 3 servo routines so far use "normal" digital outputs. There are, according to the FAQ, 4 extra outputs I could use (SPI J6). Does this mean that I could write my own routines to drive 4 extra servos using these (...) (24 years ago, 23-May-00, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: Sharp analog distance sensor

unsubscribe please. (24 years ago, 23-May-00, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: Sharp analog distance sensor

(...) I created a website at: (URL) will have to add some new experiences. 1. You definetely should use the device vertical (my choice: Emitter at bottom). I have no clue, how anybody got reliable results when mounting it horizontal. There is no (...) (24 years ago, 22-May-00, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  handyboard in Canada? (Montreal?)

I'd like to know, is anyone here from Montreal or the rest of Canada? Is there any distributor for handyboard parts or kits around here? All the ones I find are in the states (or hong kong...) -- You do not wish to know anything, you wish only to (...) (24 years ago, 21-May-00, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: Sharp analog distance sensor

Follow this link for data about the GP2D12. At the bottom, there is another link for Handy Board interfacing information. You have to cut a trace because the analog inputs on the Handy Board are connected to pullup resistors. The GP2D12 won't work (...) (24 years ago, 20-May-00, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Sharp analog distance sensor

Greetings, I've looked, but don't seem to be able to find any relevant info. How does one hook up one of these beasts to the handyboard? I remember reading something somewhere that a track needs to be cut to do this - something I would like to avoid (...) (24 years ago, 20-May-00, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  multiplex other analog ports than analog 0 & 1

(...) These two (...) ports. (...) I built the Expansion board in order to control servos. I cannot use the additional analog inputs because I have destroyed analog port 0 and 1. Is it possible to multiplex other analog ports? What software changes (...) (24 years ago, 19-May-00, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  UV sensor

Has anyone used the Hamamatsu C3704 Drive Circuit and the R2868 Flame Detector with the handyboard? The detector works great on my scope but I can't get the Handyboard to read it on a digital in port. Do you have to add a capacitor to lengthen the (...) (24 years ago, 19-May-00, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: [kinda OT] Using other processors (6809)

(...) That's what I was thinking too. But there is another consideration: the 6809 is a different class of processor than the 68HC11. The HC11 is a microcontroller while the 6809 is more of a general puropose microcomputer CPU. Although either could (...) (24 years ago, 18-May-00, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: making your own handyboard.

Vic, Lots of programs handel Gerber files. They are the standard for print / storage of PCB board files. If you don't have such a program, then download one form the numerous freeware/shareware sites. Most electrical type programs would give this (...) (24 years ago, 19-May-00, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: [kinda OT] Using other processors (6809)

Vic, Depends on if you want to be done this year or not. If time and money are no object, designing and building your own board from scratch would be exciting and after just a few interations you could probably have one that is reliable. By the time (...) (24 years ago, 18-May-00, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  [kinda OT] Using other processors (6809)

A friend told me he has a development system for the motorola 6809 and he could give it to me. I guess this would be good, I would be able to make my custom boards. But, how does the 6809 compare to the 6811 or other microcontrollers (Basic Stamp, (...) (24 years ago, 18-May-00, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  making your own handyboard.

Hi. I'd like to make my own handyboard if I can find all the parts in my city. But I have a problem with making the PCB... I have a friend who has a plotter and could draw it, but the layout files are GIFs and he uses Autocad (old computer, old (...) (24 years ago, 18-May-00, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: Ultrasonic maximum timing

Hey all -- I was wrong about the speed of sound. The mistake I made was forgetting that the sonar measures round trip time, so the constant I experimentally determined for use in my code actually represents *two* centimeters per 143 clock ticks (...) (24 years ago, 18-May-00, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: how many servos on handyboard?

Ray, Whoops, just read my message again, and realised I had stated STEPPER motor, and not the intended SERVO motor. I have used the HB to control 4 SERVO motors. The SERVO's had an external 5V power. The GND of the SERVO supply was attached to the (...) (24 years ago, 17-May-00, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  RE: how to drive extra steppers with handyboard

i ended up using two SSC II's to control the twelve servos on my robot because most of the time the servos connected to the XB would not work. the SSC II servos worked almost all the time. (URL) think this is the web address and the SSC II's connect (...) (24 years ago, 17-May-00, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  RE: how to drive extra steppers with handyboard

Try Scott Edwards SCC II Servo controller. (...) This message is for the named person's use only. It may contain confidential, proprietary or legally privileged information. No confidentiality or privilege is waived or lost by any mistransmission. (...) (24 years ago, 17-May-00, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Expansion board cannot handle more than 2 servos

Hello, Reading the discussion on servos recently, I thought I'd share this info with you. I have advised a few student group projects involving servos and the XB and came to the conclusion that the XB cannot handle more than two or so servos. The (...) (24 years ago, 17-May-00, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  RE: how many servos on handyboard?

Remeber also that you have to cut the motor power trace and use an external 5V source for the motors in this case. The HB itself will output 9.6 V from the motor ports. (...) This message is for the named person's use only. It may contain (...) (24 years ago, 17-May-00, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  how to drive extra steppers with handyboard

I'd like to build a six legged robot. that would need at least 12 servos. Is there a way to control 12 servos or more with the standard handyboard? someone said it's all in the code (using digital outputs) does that mean I could write the code to do (...) (24 years ago, 17-May-00, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: how many servos on handyboard?

(...) Hi If you use the expansion board, you will loose analog input 0 und 1. These two inputs are multiplexed on the exp board, so you get some more analog ports. -Martin (24 years ago, 17-May-00, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: how many servos on handyboard?

The base Handy Board is designed to control 4 DC motors. The DC motor output ports CAN be used to control 4 (four) stepper motors. Remember that a stepper motor needs a square wave pulse continually sent to the motor for operation, and the mark / (...) (24 years ago, 17-May-00, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: how many servos on handyboard?

(...) The deal is this: Servos are different from plain old DC motors. They have gearing and position control circuitry built in. There are four DC motor ports on the basic HB, but no ready-made servo ports. The dual servo routine described on the (...) (24 years ago, 17-May-00, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Stepper Control

I am a new Handyboard user and would like to control a pair of 5 wire unipolar stepper motors. I followed the links in the FAQ related to steppers which included some IC code. My problem is that my Handyboard won't load that particular code written (...) (24 years ago, 16-May-00, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  how many servos on handyboard?

I'd like to know how many servos the handy board can control. On the FAQ it says 2, in the documentation it says 4 DC motors. what's the deal? (am I stupid? I'm new at this) also, when you plug an expansion board, do you get 6 EXTRA servos? or those (...) (24 years ago, 16-May-00, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: Ultrasonic maximum timing

(...) Except that I don't think it counts at 2Mhz, rather I think it counts at 500Khz (2 / 4 = ECLK) (I may be totally off base here, since I've not read the pink book in about 6 years) that would put your max at 32767/500000 = .0655 at 1000 ft/sec (...) (24 years ago, 16-May-00, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: Ultrasonic maximum timing

(...) I think the register maxes out at 32767. Since it's a 2 MHz processor, this gives: (32767 cycles) / (2,000,000 cycles/second) = 0.01638 seconds Up here in the Rocky Mountains, the speed of sound is about one centimeter every 143 (...) (24 years ago, 16-May-00, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Ultrasonic maximum timing

Greetings all, I'm using a homebuilt sonar based on Kam Leang's design, which seems to be working quite well. I just have one question with regard to the timing on the input port. I'm using the same sonar driver as for the polaroid - right now I (...) (24 years ago, 16-May-00, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: Fwd: hellofriend

(...) SCAM ! (not SPAM). These Nigerian attempts are well publicised in the media in Australia. They used to arrive by snailmail (my deceased father got one). Email ! moving up in the world ! People have been fooled, the scam is the 5% they remove (...) (24 years ago, 15-May-00, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: Fwd: hellofriend

I've been getting snail mail from this same group for years, always offering to let you have a third of some huge sum of money if you will only help them smuggle it out of their country and into your account. What they actually want is access to (...) (24 years ago, 15-May-00, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  RE: Fwd: hellofriend

What's puzzling is why they thought an Handiboard mailing list was the place to find new pigeons... | -----Original Message----- | From: Keith Hearn [mailto:khearn@legato.com] | Sent: Monday, May 15, 2000 1:35 PM | To: Meabadboy@aol.com | Cc: (...) (24 years ago, 15-May-00, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: Fwd: hellofriend

(...) A sad attempt at a con job. They claim they want yo give you custody of $35M (of whoich you're supposed to keep 30%), and all you have to do is send them your bank account number. Somehow I rather doubt a legitimate offer of this sort (if this (...) (24 years ago, 15-May-00, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: using 3v motors?

In theory yes. Since the motor will be powered by the aux power supply only, as long as it is at 3 volt, it should be OK. (am I right, Prof. Martin?) -- Ray Wayne Crosbie <wcrosbie@home.com> wrote in message news:FuKHs7.B7v@lugnet.com... (...) 400 (...) (24 years ago, 14-May-00, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  RE: hellofriend

Yes, definitely spam! | -----Original Message----- | From: Meabadboy@aol.com [mailto:Meabadboy@aol.com] | Sent: Sunday, May 14, 2000 3:48 AM | To: handyboard@media.mit.edu | Subject: Fwd: hellofriend | | | SPAM??? | | (24 years ago, 14-May-00, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  using 3v motors?

Is there any way to use 3 volt motors on the Handyboard? They draw about 400 ma. Using a series resistor of about 10 ohms works, but it will have to be about 5 watts, consuming a lot of power needlessly. The FAQ shows how to run 6-36v motors through (...) (24 years ago, 14-May-00, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Fwd: hellofriend

SPAM??? (24 years ago, 14-May-00, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  hellofriend

Date:14th.may,2000 Dear sir, it give us pleasure to request your indulgence in this extremely CONFIDENTIAl business proposition which we want you to handle for us IN YOUR PRIVETE CAPACITY. This total believe and reponse of trust in you, is in (...) (24 years ago, 13-May-00, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Running as11

Hi, Has anyone been able to run as11 on a Mac? As a first test of the assembler, I've been trying to re-assemble pcode.asm, without success. Specifically, as11 balks at the preprocessor directives. I tried running pcode.asm through the CodeWarrior (...) (24 years ago, 13-May-00, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: Household Positioning System Re: DGPS

I see. Humm. May be I can really use this. OK, if I put a few IR LED with ID at different locations in the room, and put them at the same height as the robot sensor so I don't need to worry about tilt angle. If I put the sensor fixed on the robot, (...) (24 years ago, 12-May-00, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: Household Positioning System Re: DGPS

Actually, I am going in that direction. I was trying to use the ultrasonic transducer to produce a signal and then use two detector to triangulate the location. That wasn't much of a success. I will need to redo the parts. I want to try using more (...) (24 years ago, 12-May-00, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: Household Positioning System Re: DGPS

(...) Some years ago i wrote the presentation part of a prototype system based on ultrasonic beacons. the beacons were plugged into wall outlets and transmitted their ID:s, i can't remember the details but the beacons were syncronized by (...) (24 years ago, 11-May-00, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: Household Positioning System Re: DGPS

(...) No design, just an idea. The way I see it, you put a "Head" on the top of your robot. It has three sensors mounted for tilt and pan. The easiest way I can see it is to use gear head stepper motors with a "Home" switch to point the thing. The (...) (24 years ago, 11-May-00, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  (no subject)

unsubscribe (24 years ago, 11-May-00, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  AS11_IC assembler

Dear All I'm trying to use the AS11_IC assembler which comes in the pcode_pc zip file. I'm getting 'file not found' and 'can't open' messages left, right and center. All the necessary files seem to be in the right directories, except for ascpp1.asm (...) (24 years ago, 11-May-00, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: expansion board problems

Claudia Bernett wrote: <snip> (...) <snip> I wonder if the mats aren't perhaps generating electrostatic discharge (ESD), which can wreak havoc with many solid state devices. -- Will (24 years ago, 11-May-00, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: expansion board problems

Claudia, Without a lot more detail, it will be difficult to solve this one over the internet. If you can take a few minutes and regroup, maybe someone will have an idea. The kinds of things it would be good to know, interspersed with my comments: 1. (...) (24 years ago, 10-May-00, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: expansion board problems

a follow-up to my own message - it seems that this problems occur WHILE i am actually running the application and using the project. if anyone can help at all - i would be very grateful, i am at a loss and urgent to get this working. i have built (...) (24 years ago, 10-May-00, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: Household Positioning System Re: DGPS

Cool idea. Do you have it working? Or do you have a schematic that is somewhat working? If so, I want to test out how accurate it will be. It will be fun to use the LED as landmarks in the building. -- Ray <handyboard@media.mit.edu> wrote in message (...) (24 years ago, 10-May-00, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  guipossebon@zipmail.com

Hello people: I´m a student from PUCRS(Brazil) and I have to finish my conclusion Work in my course(Mecatronical Engineering) and I need to Know how I modify the frequency in MC68HC11 set in 500Hz to 5KHz because the drivers need work to control a (...) (24 years ago, 10-May-00, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Sonar (yes, it's me again, with more sonar questions!)

Today several members of my lab and I decided to solder together the sonar assembly which had been previously been held together by large quantities of duct tape. We decided the 9-pin connection strip would be too flimsy and unnecesarily difficult (...) (24 years ago, 9-May-00, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  RE: Household Positioning System Re: DGPS

Can we use RF for the communication? The concept is much like the actual GPS systems, triangulate the position with 3 or more signals looking forward for a system like this Kalyan (not an Electronics engineer) -----Original Message----- From: (...) (24 years ago, 9-May-00, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Household Positioning System Re: DGPS

(...) How about a beacon system. Each room can have 3 or so beacons high on the wall. Each beacon flashes at 38Khz and each beacon modulates this 38KHz with its own personal code. The top layer of your robot would have 3 or 4 directional sensors (...) (24 years ago, 9-May-00, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  expansion board problems

hello. i seem to be having an expansion-board problem which is very puzzling. i am using all sixteen ports, and am in the process of putting together a project which requires that it be stored with all sixteen ports occupied for a week or two at a (...) (24 years ago, 9-May-00, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  DGPS

(...) If you use differential GPS (which includes a nearby stationary receiver at a known coordinate) you can get much better resolution -- down to sub-meter accuracy. Still might not be enough to avoid the furniture, though. Forget global. We need (...) (24 years ago, 8-May-00, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: Clinton Acts to Make GPS Systems More Accurate

(...) you're making an outside 'bot? Note: I've heard everything from 6 meters to 17 meters, and I'm not sure of the exact figure yet. I was too busy last week to study the GPS change. Curt Mills, WE7U hacker.NO_*SPAM@tc.fluke.com Senior Methods (...) (24 years ago, 8-May-00, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  charger

Hi, Forgot to tell that the board did download the p-code and seems to work ok with the new battery installed. Also when I plug the charger adapter directly into the handyboard the yellow led flickers between bright and dim for about one minute then (...) (24 years ago, 7-May-00, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  battery charger board

Hi Folks, Had a bad experience with my handyboard thos past week, I left it on charge accidently for two days-could possibly even been in the zap mode I'm not sure. What did happen was the battery was dead ,r-11 was hot and turned black and the (...) (24 years ago, 7-May-00, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: sharp GP2D02

Hi, (...) (24 years ago, 4-May-00, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  I need some help

Hi guys I have some problems with the assembly of my HB because I don't find some of the components, I hope some of you can help: What replacement can i use for the motor driver l293D? What is a "voltage monitor" , What another device can I use for (...) (24 years ago, 4-May-00, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: What the? (Was: Re: 50 Megs of web space for $9.95 a month!)

todd's right, the MIT list has no spam protection, if it gets bad we'll have to move all remaining subscribers from the MIT side and go 100% lugnet. right now i still have 300+ people on the MIT list -- urgh. fred In your message you said: (...) (24 years ago, 3-May-00, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: What the? (Was: Re: 50 Megs of web space for $9.95 a month!)

(...) Looks like it came in through the original Handy Board mailing list handyboard@media.mit.edu at MIT which is gatewayed with the lugnet.robotics.handyboard group/list. Hmm, that makes two spams now in the past few days. I don't think the HB (...) (24 years ago, 3-May-00, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  What the? (Was: Re: 50 Megs of web space for $9.95 a month!)

(...) Um.........sorry if this has happened before but, was this approved by Todd to be posted on Lugnet? Or is it just a spam program that hacked into Lugnet? I'm confused. Erin -- (24 years ago, 3-May-00, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  50 Megs of web space for $9.95 a month!

50 Megs of web space for $9.95 a month!!!! Unlimited E-Mail boxes at yourdomain.com and much more! We offer web hosting in a number of different packages. Tired of paying alot for web hosting and not recieving quality customer service? Try out our (...) (24 years ago, 3-May-00, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: Communication system

Check out Kam Leang's page at (URL) His robotics: information pages show exactly how to do this. Regards, Jim Munro <jimmn@xnet.com> (...) (24 years ago, 3-May-00, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: sharp GP2D02

Hi everybody: I'm new at using the GP2D02 sensor. these might be some dumb questions but, I know that the sensor plugs into the digital input of the handyboard and one digital output of the expansion board but how do i program it to know which ports (...) (24 years ago, 3-May-00, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Communication system

Hi, Does any one know how to use(Program) Ming Microsystem RF transmitter and Receiver with handyboard? Thank you all for your inputs. Lee (24 years ago, 3-May-00, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Problem with analog() proc using IC 2.81

Hello, everyone: I have 18 HandyBoard/LEGObugs and I'm in the process of building 18 expansion boards with 9 completed so far. I use the public domain IC 2.81 (for William & Mary, like most schools, the price is right) on a LINUX platform. I have (...) (24 years ago, 3-May-00, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: heart beating slowly.

Dear Lee, It sounds like your HB's heart is suffering from Murphy's syndrome........ Hope your presentation will go well. :-) Marco (24 years ago, 3-May-00, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  heart beating slowly.

Hello, My handyboard was acting really strangely last night. we were testing servo motors with expension board last night and it began to show unreadable characters on LCD display panel. BY the end of the night it recovered displaying letters (...) (24 years ago, 3-May-00, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Input Capture

Hi Is it possible to use digital(8) as an input capture like digital(7)? Must I cut the 47k resistor? Thanks Martin (24 years ago, 2-May-00, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Clinton Acts to Make GPS Systems More Accurate

I guess now I could use GPS for the navigation of my robot. GPS signals are now unscrambled. (URL) Mulampaka Software Engineer e GE Global eXchange Services ___...___ Ph#: (770) 698 4436 (O) (770) 390 0887 (R) (24 years ago, 2-May-00, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Sonar and overflow

Hi I've tried to use my Polaroid Sonar not only for distances up to 2.7 meters. So I want to check the overflow flag. But my code doesn't work. Can anybody give me some advises? Here is my code: long sonar_sample() { int start_time; int help; (...) (24 years ago, 1-May-00, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  CANCEL

(...) are being refunded each year. (...) utility/telecommunication billing has errors. It’s true! At CDG we find errors, refunds, credits and/or savings for 98% of our clients. Just a small error in your gas, electric, water, data and/or (...) (24 years ago, 29-Apr-00, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Ming Microsystems communication system.

Hello, My team mate and I have built two robots for our senior project. We have been trying to build a communication system between them and now at this point we got STUCK. Our question is how do you send out(transmit) signals through handy board. (...) (24 years ago, 29-Apr-00, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: CWRU LEGO Robot Egg Hunt Competition (Sunday, 30 April 2000)

(...) I'll try to be there! And I'll be attending CWRU in the fall, just got the confirmation of my enrollment today. --Bram (24 years ago, 28-Apr-00, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard, lugnet.loc.us.oh, lugnet.loc.us.oh.cle)

  Re: problems met in my project

(...) There are no simple questions, only simple people! Apologies to whomever originated the quote that I just butchered. ;-) (...) Our robots do not have the rich sensory input that we enjoy. We have to help them along quite often by making their (...) (24 years ago, 28-Apr-00, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  CWRU LEGO Robot Egg Hunt Competition (Sunday, 30 April 2000)

The 10th LEGO My Egg-O Robotic Egg Hunt is being held on Sunday, 30 April 2000, 12:30-3:00 PM, at the Cleveland Great Lakes Science Center. Admission to the Egg Hunt proper is free. The Egg Hunt is the final design competition of the course I teach (...) (24 years ago, 28-Apr-00, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard) !

  REFUND

***...*** If you have received this message in error, please reply with the word CANCEL in the subject line. ***...*** Hundreds of millions of dollars in utility/telecommunication errors are being refunded each year. Recently released government (...) (24 years ago, 28-Apr-00, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: Any other handyboard resources?

(...) Check out this link: (URL) haven't read through the IC manual yet, but the table of contents looks promising. Best of luck! -- Will +---...---+ | ^^ <^ ^> | | / òó ó°° \ | | / =Y= U \ | | Wendy, Will, Tatoosh & Tenzing | +---...---+ If the (...) (24 years ago, 26-Apr-00, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Modifying the tone( ) function

Dear All I need something like the tone( ) function, but I need to specify the port the signal is output to. Does anyone have some code to do this? Where does the code for the tone( ) function reside in the lib directory? Maybe I could copy it and (...) (24 years ago, 26-Apr-00, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: Robotic Simulation

Do you actually want to do the simulation, or just show what your robot would do? The easiest way will be to create a model of your Robot in 3D Studio MAX then write the inverse kinematics rules as a MAX plug-in, then run the rules and capture the (...) (24 years ago, 25-Apr-00, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Robotic Simulation

Hello. For one of my project in robotic, I would like to create a computer simulation (possibly 3D) in order to show the special functions performed by my robot. I would like this program to run under a windows (9x or NT) or linux platform and run (...) (24 years ago, 25-Apr-00, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Any other handyboard resources?

Dear friends, Can anyone tell me where can I find some more references on the handyboard and the Interactive C programming (other than the MIT handyboard homepage)? I have built the handyboard from Hong Kong. I have read the handyboard technical (...) (24 years ago, 25-Apr-00, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact