 Robotics / Handy Board / 7856
7855  |  7857
Subject:
Digital outputs.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Thu, 25 May 2000 03:32:06 GMT

How would I go about making the digital outputs capable of controlling a
higher current than the 5 ma that is standard?  Can a switching
transistor be controlled by them? Or do I need some sort of IC to do the
job?  Particularly I would like to be able to close a relay when the
digital out is "on".  I think the motor control outputs easily have
enough current to close a relay, but I need more than 4.

Thanks,
Todd