 Robotics / Handy Board / 7846
Re: making your own handyboard.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Fri, 19 May 2000 00:13:45 GMT

Vic,

Lots of programs handel Gerber files.  They are the standard for
print / storage of PCB board files.

If you don't have such a program, then download one form the numerous
freeware/shareware sites.
Most electrical type programs would give this capability.

If you don't find a freeware/shareware program, then try the demos for
some commercial programs.
i.e.
MicroSim, PSpice - the PCBBoards package
MicroCap 5 - mix mode simulator
Ivex  - WinBoard , (also includes a separate Gerbtool program)
etc.
(Try searching the web for the above names).

Hi. I'd like to make my own handyboard if I can find all the parts in my
city. But I have a problem with making the PCB... I have a friend who has a
plotter and could draw it, but the layout files are GIFs and he uses Autocad
(old computer, old autocad)

now, the layout  files ar also in gerber format. what is this format? is
there a way to conver them in an old autocad format, or to find some
freeware layout program that reads it? there's no way I'm drawing that by
hand...

--
You do not wish to know anything, you wish only to speak.
That which you know, you ignore because it is inconvenient.

Charles Hacker
Lecturer in Electronics, Computing and Physics
School of Engineering
Griffith University - Gold Coast
PMB 50 Gold Coast Mail Centre
Southport Queensland 9726