 Robotics / Handy Board / 7851
Re: Sharp analog distance sensor
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Sat, 20 May 2000 18:45:49 GMT

Follow this link for data about the GP2D12.  At the bottom, there is another
link for Handy Board interfacing information.

You have to cut a trace because the analog inputs on the Handy Board are
connected to pullup resistors.  The GP2D12 won't work looking into a port
that is not floating.  But cutting a trace is simple, and it's easy to put
back the way it was later if you want to for some reason.  The interfacing
link above tells you how to cut the trace.

Good luck!

Gary Livick
Tiny HC11 products for your robot
http://www.teleport.com/~raybutts/

Adam Oliver wrote:

Greetings,

I've looked, but don't seem to be able to find any relevant info.

How does one hook up one of these beasts to the handyboard? I remember
reading something somewhere that a track needs to be cut to do this -
something I would like to avoid if possible. Is there any way around this?

thanks
Adam