 Robotics / Handy Board / 7801
Re: Clinton Acts to Make GPS Systems More Accurate
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Mon, 8 May 2000 16:53:09 GMT

On Tue, 2 May 2000, Mulampaka, Kalyan (GXS, ASI) wrote:

I guess now I could use GPS for the navigation of my robot.
GPS signals are now unscrambled.
http://dailynews.yahoo.com/h/nm/20000501/tc/clinton_gps_1.html

Depends...  Is 6 meter to 10 meter accuracy good enough?  Perhaps
you're making an outside 'bot?

Note:  I've heard everything from 6 meters to 17 meters, and I'm
not sure of the exact figure yet.  I was too busy last week to study
the GPS change.

Curt Mills, WE7U                         hacker.NO_*SPAM@tc.fluke.com
Senior Methods Engineer/SysAdmin
"Lotto:    A tax on people who are bad at math." -- unknown
"Windows:  Microsoft's tax on computer illiterates." -- WE7U