 Robotics / Handy Board / 7834
Re: how many servos on handyboard?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Wed, 17 May 2000 05:28:43 GMT

The base Handy Board is designed to control 4 DC motors.

The DC motor output ports CAN be used to control 4 (four) stepper
motors.  Remember that a stepper motor needs a square wave pulse
continually sent to the motor for operation, and the mark / space
(time high / time low) pulse determines the position.
So by writing code for the motor outputs, you can control 4 (four)
stepper motors, (but YOU need to entire the code to do this).

The expansion board has outputs to control servo's directly, but not
having the expansion, I do not know about it.

I'd like to know how many servos the handy board can control. On the FAQ it
says 2, in the documentation it says 4 DC motors. what's the deal? (am I
stupid? I'm new at this)

also, when you plug an expansion board, do you get 6 EXTRA servos? or those
are the only ones you can still use? How about the rest? do all imputs
remain free on the handyboard and everything on the expansion board is
extra? than you.

Charles Hacker
Lecturer in Electronics, Computing and Physics
School of Engineering
Griffith University - Gold Coast
PMB 50 Gold Coast Mail Centre
Southport Queensland 9726