 Robotics / Handy Board / 7838
7837  |  7839
Subject:
Expansion board cannot handle more than 2 servos
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Wed, 17 May 2000 14:21:37 GMT

Hello,

Reading the discussion on servos recently, I thought I'd share this info
with you.  I have advised a few student group projects involving servos and
the XB and came to the conclusion that the XB cannot handle more than two or
so servos.  The servos tend to not work properly in these cases.  I'm not
sure if this is because  they did not use an external power supply or what.
(I have not experiences with external servo power so if anyone can
interject, please enlighten.)  Though, I imagine that if the servos draw too
much power, it would reset the board and then NOTHING would work.  However,
this is not case...and the diodes don't get hot, either.  Note: the docs say
that you need an external servo power supply when the voltage drop diodes
get too hot to touch.

Ericson Mar
Global Settlement Systems
CREDIT | FIRST
SUISSE | BOSTON
5 World Trade Center Phone: (212)322-1325
New York, NY Pager: (888)778-1025, Skytel PIN:7781025
Email : mailto:ericson.mar@csfb.com
Skymail : mailto:7781025@skytel.com

This message is for the named person's use only.  It may contain
confidential, proprietary or legally privileged information.  No
If you receive this message in error, please immediately delete it and all
sender.  You must not, directly or indirectly, use, disclose, distribute,
recipient. CREDIT SUISSE GROUP and each of its subsidiaries each reserve
the right to monitor all e-mail communications through its networks.  Any
views expressed in this message are those of the individual sender, except
where the message states otherwise and the sender is authorised to state
them to be the views of any such entity.