 Robotics / Handy Board / 7811
Re: expansion board problems
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Thu, 11 May 2000 01:02:26 GMT

Claudia Bernett wrote:
<snip>
i have built sixteen very simple mats which are made of vinyl, copper, and
foam - it is a simple contact which, when stepped on, drops the value downt to
nearly 1.  i had a small model of this working for months, and only after a
while using the actual size project, did this start occuring.  there is no
problem with the handyboards, but the expansion boards, one after one, seem to
be flipping out.  suddenly - the values begin skipping all over the place, or
in the latest case, 6 of them just rest at 4.
<snip>

I wonder if the mats aren't perhaps generating electrostatic discharge (ESD), which can wreak havoc with many solid state devices.

-- Will