 Robotics / Handy Board / 7827
Re: Fwd: hellofriend
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Mon, 15 May 2000 19:44:23 GMT

In lugnet.robotics.handyboard, Keith Hearn <khearn@legato.com> writes:
In message <3b.4d35cf5.264fb416@aol.com>, Meabadboy@aol.com writes:

SPAM???

A sad attempt at a con job. They claim they want yo give you custody of
$35M (of whoich you're supposed to keep 30%), and all you have to do
is send them your bank account number.

SCAM ! (not SPAM). These Nigerian attempts are well publicised in the media
in Australia. They used to arrive by snailmail (my deceased father got one).
Email ! moving up in the world !
People have been fooled, the scam is the 5% they remove from your account,
people have gone to Nigeria to investigate and been killed.
No urban myth, not yet anyway.

pete.w