 Robotics / 1999
Re: RCX 2.0 -- ideas.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Thu, 31 Dec 1998 16:38:04 GMT

Laurentino Martins schrieb in Nachricht
<4.1.19981231143643.00a38df0@195.61.90.220>...
cut something out, sorry Laurentino <g>

By the way, how can they drive a motor and receive feedback from it 50
times per rotation using only two wires ??? (have I seen this wrong?)

You have seen wrong, I disassembled my Unit because the motor´s were not
running, I noticed that there are two things "connected" to the build in
motors:

1) the power wire, connected by wire with a plug

2) directly on the pcb is  photoelectric barrier around a perforated wheel
driven by the motor I think thats how the measure the revolutions (There are
two mounted, one for each motor)

If you want to take a closer look, be careful as the pcb is repressed by one
photoelectric barrier, don´t break it!

Joerg