 Robotics / 3115
Re: The Handyboard (was Re: RCX 2.0 -- ideas.)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Sat, 23 Jan 1999 00:57:53 GMT

Jasper Janssen wrote:

On Mon, 4 Jan 1999 18:13:03 GMT, Mark Tarrabain <markt@lynx.bc.ca>
wrote:

how to adapt the board for that kind of use.  There are probably many ways it
could be done, of course, but it'd sure be nice to have specific instructions on
how to do it at least one way.  If there were, I'd almost certainly be snatching
one up right after my next paycheck.

How about using a few large plates (of the type found as baseplates in
small to medium sets), and a few basic bricks, possibly with the
addition of glue to keep it all together?

Jasper

But that would do nothing towards making it truly LEGO electric compatible; coming up
with a suitable compartment for the motherboard that leaves room for the expansion
board, even if it's not actually connected yet; leaving the display and infrared
transmitter/receiver visible; keeping the user control knob easily accessible, and
other hurdles, I'm sure.

Ultimately, a custom case would probably need to be made for it.  I seriously doubt
that one could homebrew such a case out of regular LEGO parts unless they could do
some extensive machining on plastic.  I, for one, do not own any such equpment.

Mark