 Robotics / 2313
Re: RCX 2.0 -- ideas.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Tue, 5 Jan 1999 07:07:13 GMT

While talking about separating the battery pack from the RCX it occurred to
me that having the thing forget all the firmware whenever you change the
batteries is a *pain*.

I have been able to change batteries without losing firmware or programs.
Just line the new batteries up in the correct orientation, flip all the old
ones out (it helps to have the +ve end such that your thumb goes to the
larger gap there) and then snap the new ones in. Make sure you separate the
old ones so they can't roll into the new set or you lose time figuring which
is which. I have done this several times and not lost the firmware once.
--
John Cooper, JPSC Ltd, UK