 Robotics / 1982
1981  |  1983
Subject:
RCX 2.0 -- ideas.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Thu, 31 Dec 1998 14:15:51 GMT

Here are some things I would like to see changed for RCX 2.  (if there
is even one)

1.  More connections.  At least 4 outputs and 4 inputs.  The way it is
right now, a robot that drives around can't really do much else, given
that there is only one output to spare for a light or a motor.  Another
inut would also be nice, but not as badly needed as the output.

2.  Smaller size.  The RCX 1.0 is HUGE!.  A small robot with RCX 1.0 is
just impossible, the thing is so dang big.  I would like to see the next
version half as thick and with a top 2/3 the size.  This would allow for
some really neat, small robots.

3.  Lighter.  Right now the main thing weighing it down i think are the
batteries.  Why doesn't LEGO get a custom lithium ion type battery, the
laptop kind, for RCX 2.0.  That could make it REAL small.  And it would
last longer between charges.

As a first version, the RCX is pretty dang awesome, but I think there is
room to improve.  Any comments?

-PV
Purple Viking (Jakob Nebeker)   ____________________________
email: jakob@writeme.com       | the sentence below is false
ICQ  : 6245080                 | the sentence above is true