 Robotics / 2021
Re: RCX 2.0 -- ideas.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Thu, 31 Dec 1998 23:17:45 GMT

John Donaldson wrote in message <368B5883.B8F8D4B2@ghg.net>...
The Version @.0 should have a way to allow multiply RCX's to used.
That way one RCX could be used for just the motor routines, one to
handle sensors, one to do number chrunching, and etc.
Yeah, maybe they could have one or two special "rcx in/outputs",
used to connect rcxs more perminantley than the IR

John A. Donaldson

Jakob Nebeker wrote:

Here are some things I would like to see changed for RCX 2.  (if there
is even one)

1.  More connections.  At least 4 outputs and 4 inputs.  The way it is
right now, a robot that drives around can't really do much else, given
that there is only one output to spare for a light or a motor.  Another
inut would also be nice, but not as badly needed as the output.

2.  Smaller size.  The RCX 1.0 is HUGE!.  A small robot with RCX 1.0 is
just impossible, the thing is so dang big.  I would like to see the next
version half as thick and with a top 2/3 the size.  This would allow for
some really neat, small robots.

3.  Lighter.  Right now the main thing weighing it down i think are the
batteries.  Why doesn't LEGO get a custom lithium ion type battery, the
laptop kind, for RCX 2.0.  That could make it REAL small.  And it would
last longer between charges.

As a first version, the RCX is pretty dang awesome, but I think there is
room to improve.  Any comments?

-PV
Purple Viking (Jakob Nebeker)   ____________________________
email: jakob@writeme.com       | the sentence below is false
ICQ  : 6245080                 | the sentence above is true