 Robotics / 2254
Re: RCX 2.0 -- ideas.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Mon, 4 Jan 1999 17:06:07 GMT

Jakob Nebeker wrote:

Here are some things I would like to see changed for RCX 2.  (if there
is even one)

1.  More connections.  At least 4 outputs and 4 inputs.  The way it is
right now, a robot that drives around can't really do much else, given
that there is only one output to spare for a light or a motor.  Another
inut would also be nice, but not as badly needed as the output.

More inputs, certainly.  Lots more.  Outputs could do with fewer
additional,
since there is less 'critical' need for more motions.

2.  Smaller size.  The RCX 1.0 is HUGE!.  A small robot with RCX 1.0 is
just impossible, the thing is so dang big.  I would like to see the next
version half as thick and with a top 2/3 the size.  This would allow for
some really neat, small robots.

I like someone's idea of a separate battery box, so you can split the
load.

--
Pete Hardie                   |   Goalie, DVSG Dart Team
Scientific Atlanta            |