 Robotics / 2312
Re: Port problem with RCXCC (and not with nqcc)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Tue, 5 Jan 1999 06:00:50 GMT

Sorry if I was not clear. nqcc works PERFECTLY on COM3 (first channel of the
Equinox board). The original Mindstormes software (and the RCXCC software)
do NOT work on this port. I was hoping this would be some kind of big clue
for Mark (what is different between how nqcc uses the port, and how both
Mindstorms and RCXCC use it ?).

The original Mondstorms software finds the IR tower OK, but says "RCX
communicaion failure" whenever you test the RCX. No functions will work
without getting past this hangup.

A similar situation occurs with RCXCC. It cannot find the RCX on this port
(COM3) but it works pefectly on COM1.

I have used NQC to compile and download through COM3 quite happily, and was
disappointed to see that RCXCC did not work there. I thought it might be
hardware handshaking or something, but that is all configured according to
the serial port properties display.

Does NQC not require any specific type of flow control on this port
(hardware or XON/XOFF) ??

Mark, does RCXCC require any ?

Maybe hardware flow control on my serial card is the problem...

--
SeeYa !
------------

-----------
From the keyboard of Cyberia - (the machine's name, not mine)

Dave Baum <dbaum@spambgoneenteract.com> wrote in message
In article <F525IC.As6@lugnet.com>, "Cyberia" <cyberia@erols.com> wrote:

Also, the program MUST have the IR tower on COM1 or COM2 (internal ports).
Any idea why it refuses to work on my Equinox superserial card • (COM3,4,5,6)
? NQC works quite happily on COM3, but NQCC says it can't find the RCX. I
had to move my IR tower to COM1 and move the modem to COM3 to get around
this.

I'm a little confused by the above statement.  Does nqcc itself work using
com3?  If not, email me and perhaps we can debug it.

Dave

--
reply to: dbaum at enteract dot com