 Robotics / 1685
1684  |  1686
Subject:
nqcc 1.0 b4 posted
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Mon, 21 Dec 1998 03:01:31 GMT

nqcc 1.0 b4 has been posted at
http://www.enteract.com/~dbaum/lego/nqc/index.html

Here's what's new for b4...

During download, the program detects a missing (or off) RCX much faster.

Prior to download, any running tasks are stopped on the RCX.  This
prevents problems associated with downloading new code that overwrites the
running code (thus halting the RCX interpreter).

Compound conditions where one condition was illegal used to cause nqcc to
crash - this bug was fixed.

Nqcc is more permissive on legal conditions so that things like tachometer
speed can now be used directly in a condition (previously, the tacho speed
had to be first assigned to a variable, then the variable was tested).

Sensor configuration definitions that were RCX specific are conditionally
compiled for __RCX builds.

Lots of cleanup to the source (removing warnings, etc), and streamlining
of the Unix Makefile.

--
reply to: dbaum at enteract dot com