 Robotics / 2290
Re: Three cheers for Dave Baum !!! !!! !!!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Mon, 4 Jan 1999 23:06:09 GMT

Yes. Great stuff Dave and Mark !

We built a tracked robot and find the "remote control" utilizing the
joystick (version 2.0 of RCXCC) to be just as cool as programming it to run
autonomously. I am amazed at how well the IR tower communicates at all
angles with the RCX for this purpose.

I have been using NQC almost exclusively for the programming environment.
RCXCC makes it even easier, combining the two-step process of editing with
notepad and then compiling/downloading with DOS command promp window into a
single GUI interface. Very nice. I also like the firmware download feature.
This is so much easier than firing up the Mindstorms software (*yuck*) to
get it done.

One small addition would be most helpful, Mark. Changeable font size in the
edit window. Is this a big deal from a programming standpoint ? I use 1600 X
1200 display and the text is almost illegibly small. I currently get around
this by making the screenres smaller when using RCXCC.

Also, the program MUST have the IR tower on COM1 or COM2 (internal ports).
Any idea why it refuses to work on my Equinox superserial card (COM3,4,5,6)
? NQC works quite happily on COM3, but NQCC says it can't find the RCX. I
had to move my IR tower to COM1 and move the modem to COM3 to get around
this.

--
SeeYa !

Nick Taylor <lego-robotics@crynwr.com> wrote in message
Not Quite C and RCX Command Center have made the
RCX much more enjoyable for my sons and for me.

NQCC:
http://www.enteract.com/~dbaum/lego/nqc

RCX-CC:
http://www.cs.uu.nl/~markov/lego/