 Robotics / 2291
Re: What is your current Mindstorm project?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Mon, 4 Jan 1999 23:12:47 GMT

Wow!  where can I get a copy of that book?

I built an entire ski resort with a group of teachers at the first-ever RCX
teacher-workshop!  http://ldaps.ivv.nasa.gov/Workshop/VintageHills/

-Ben

Dan Bair writes:
I am building something from the 8889 Technic Idea Book.  There is a ski
Gondola using the old 4.5 Volt motor(I think).  You know the one with
the 3 C batteries in a round grey tube?

Anyway they built this gondola that would climb on a string up a 45
degree slope.  Very cool.

I had to widen the whole gondola to hold the Mindstorm controller and
make the undercarriage a bit taller, so I could get at the controls.

It worked great but climbed the line slowly.  Like one foot per minute.
So I had to change the gearing to make it climb faster.  Now it can
climb 6 feet high at about 45 degrees in about 45 seconds.  Very cool.

Now I must attach front and back touch sensors so that it can climb up
and down unattended.

Dan Bair

P.S.  So what projects are you working on with your Mindstorm?