 Robotics / 33
Re: What is your current Mindstorm project?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Thu, 1 Oct 1998 15:00:47 GMT

Karim <knassar@mindspring.com> wrote:
OOOhhh! what's that?  tell me more :)

Check out http://www.crynwr.com/lego-robotics/, and in specific
http://www.enteract.com/~dbaum/lego/nqc/index.html

Not Quite C is (as the name implies) a C-like programming language for the
RCX. It runs on MS Windows and MacOS, and as soon as Dave gets around to
working on the serial code, on Linux.

It's _much_ more powerful than the graphical programming language -- you can
have up to 32 variables, 3 timers, 8 (i think) subroutines, and 10 tasks,
which you can stop and start. Very ultra-cool.

My current project is a design for a SolarVane (Sun Tracking Unit) that only
uses 2 light sensors (Ideally you'd have 4, but I came up with an elegant little
fudge to solve that)... Now I just need a second light sensor :)

Neat. What's your kludge?