 Robotics / 3114
Re: homebrew Temp sensor
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Sat, 23 Jan 1999 00:42:51 GMT

Jasper Janssen wrote in message <36a914e5.172025205@lugnet.com>...
if you make sure you alway plug your sensor on in the same way

Right, you could use an electrolytic if you wanted to make sure you always
plugged your sensor the right way.
Many people who are in this group do not know the subtleties of electronic
components.  It happens that the electrolytic capacitor is only a capacitor
in one polarity.  It is nearly a dead short in the other.  On top of that,
if you put the wrong polarity on it for long time, it can blow up.