 Robotics / 2226
Re: homebrew Temp sensor
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Mon, 4 Jan 1999 02:17:28 GMT

In article <36901A0A.6B212D89@gte.net>, Kevin A. Saddi <ksaddi@gte.net>
writes
Sorry if this is old news guys, but I finally got my temp sensor
working! But I was wondering how I can keep the value from jumping
around.

Use a smoothing algorithm such as:

SmoothValue = ( JumpyValue + K * SmoothValue ) / ( K + 1 )

where K is a smoothing constant, eg 10 or 100.  The bigger the K, the
smoother the result, but the bigger the lag.  But as temperatures don't
change very quickly, the lag does not usually matter.

--
Regards - Peter Hesketh, Mynyddbach, Mon.
Forty reasons why a dog is better than a woman: number 16