 Robotics / 2227
Re: Multiple Stack Controllers in Program???
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Mon, 4 Jan 1999 03:33:49 GMT

There is a sample program with the kit that shows how to follow a black
line.  I think it will help your problem
--
Rich Clemens
clemens@wvwc.edu
-----Original Message-----
From: Mike Schumann <lugnet.robotics@lugnet.com>
To: lego-robotics@crynwr.com <lego-robotics@crynwr.com>
Date: Sunday, January 03, 1999 5:52 PM
Subject: Multiple Stack Controllers in Program???

I am trying to design an RCX robot to follow a black line with a single
light sensor.  My strategy is to move forward when the sensor is dark. • When
the sensor is light, I want to turn right until the sensor goes dark, or • for
1 second, whichever comes first.  If the turn timed out, I want to turn • left
for up to 2 seconds (asuming the line turned in the other direction).

I am having tremendous difficulty getting Mindstorms to let me put more • than
1 stack controller in the program.  I have been trying to put a check block
in a repeat block without success.  It also won't let me but a check block
after a repeat block.

Is this a limitation in the RCX code.  (Note:  Don't tell me to switch to
using VB since I am trying to figure out how to make this work with my 9
year old).

Is there any more detailed technical information available on exactly how
the RCX code works (like what happens if you are running sensor watch code
when the sensor changes, etc....)

Thanks,
Mike Schumann
schumann-nospam@bitstream-nospam.net