 Robotics / 2000
Re: Cybermaster Motor dead? Happend to anyone else?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Thu, 31 Dec 1998 16:55:52 GMT

Laurentino Martins schrieb in Nachricht
<4.1.19981231133737.00a35900@195.61.90.220>...
At 11:01 31-12-1998 Thursday , you wrote:
Last night I was programming my Cybermaster, the programm was running fine,
except that the Brick stopped very hard and switched off after running
forward about 1,5m . The voltage went down to 6.000 mV for 7.500 mV

Since then there is only a scrambling sound when I start the motors with
assembled chains, wheels or anything else that needs power. If there is
nothing attached, the motor will turn around. New batteries don´t help.

If I look to the current on motor three, the maximum is about 45mAmps, when
the whole thing was ok, the maximum was about 110 MAmps.

All three motors are victim´s of this strange behaviour.

I think the motor driver circuit is broken.

Does anybody else had this problem? Or is there a wrong parameter somewhere
? (just used fwd,rwd,on and off)

I know you said that fresh batteries didn't fixed it, but the only time it
happened to me it happened *exactly* the way you said and the fix was to
purchase new batteries.
Sorry, but I have no other ideas whatsoever.

Laurentino Martins   *<||:-)

[mailto:lau@mail.telepac.pt]
[http://www.terravista.pt/Enseada/2808/]

I just changed the batterie pack, same reaction. I then took a datasheet of
batt´s, there was one difference between old and new batt´s: the older have
a capacity about 2700mAh, the newer only about 1100mAh, may be the newer
cannot deliver enough current.... Does anyone know how much Ampere´s are
needed to run Cybermaster?

Joerg