 Robotics / 2001
Re: legOS - Does it work for you?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Thu, 31 Dec 1998 16:53:24 GMT

I too have a similar problem. Using cygwin-b20 on a win98 machine to build
the light-sensor demo under legOS 0.1.4 I downloaded the cross compiler from
http://www.beesknees.freeserve.co.uk/lego/ ( Gavin Smyth posted this address
a few days ago.)

With the light-sensor demo, the 12th push of the 'run' button should stop
the task, but the RCX gets 'stuck' on. I have to pull a battery to turn it
off.

Additionally, the speed demo does not work at all like it appears it should.
The 'prgm' button on the RCX has no effect, and the speed of the motor
increases as long as the 'run' button is down. Again, after multiple pushes
of the 'run' button, it appears to get stuck on and ignores further button
pushes (but still increases speed when run button is down.)

I am getting a make error. I don't have perl installed (yet) and the
merge-map portion of the build produces an error. (My impression is this
should not affect the srec, am I correct?)

Also, is it normal for firmdl to download in groups of 20? I observe the LCD
to count up by 20, then go back to displaying only the 'program number 1'
for a couple seconds, then resume the count, again going up 20 from where it
left off. Doing this until a count of several hundred.

Joel A. Kunze