 Publishing / 3655
Re: Brickmania withdraws from Brickshelf
Newsgroups:
lugnet.publish
Date:
Mon, 8 Jul 2002 20:45:19 GMT

In lugnet.publish, Dean Husby writes:

Yes, Kevin may own Brickshelf, as a landlord owns a building. But he doesn't
own the contents of the units.

This analogy is so dead on that it is a shame you are using it in such an
incorrect manner.

No, Kevin does not own the contents of the various Brickshelf folders.
However, just like a landlord he gets to say what does or does not go in
them. And he also gets to evict tenants if he finds them abusing his property.

The relationship works both ways. If you as a "tenant" don't like the way
things are being run at Brickshelf you are free to take your images
elsewhere. No one is making you pay the exorbitant price of nothing for this
service.

But no, we have to have all this total control junk with
religious/political/personal beliefs judging our content.

Are you really going to be that upset if a few shots of mini-figs making the
ABS beast with two backs are removed? Does the removal of questionable
material by the one person who is legally empowered to do so really justify
all this chicken little crap.

For those of you that have to use brickshelf because you don't have any
other web space...

These people should be glad to have a place that will take all the images
they can upload.

If your image is killed, RE-UPLOAD it. Chances are you'll get someone more
tolerant and it will be approved. IF it takes 10 uploads then do it!

The decision hasn't been in place for two weeks an already people are
looking for ways to cheat.

I will chime in with another round of support for Kevin. Brickshelf is cool.
It is still cool. And free. If you don't want to play by the rules start
your own game.

Matt Hamand . . . Would have responded to this sooner but I only noticed
this thread today. I spent my LUGNET time this weekend reading the Pledge of
Allegiance thread. And shopping. Anyone else get Yodas? I picked up 2 as gifts.