 Publishing / 3576
Re: Brickmania withdraws from Brickshelf
Newsgroups:
lugnet.publish
Date:
Thu, 4 Jul 2002 20:01:11 GMT

In lugnet.publish, Frank Filz writes:
Daniel Siskind wrote:
<snip>

I'm not sure I'm ready to take as drastic a step as Dan, but I have to
say his words resonate with me.

PLEASE document the guidelines for acceptable pictures.

I agree. This would be extremely helpful to me. I think Dan is referring to
me when he said "all folders immediately approved except for Jihad" because
I have been semi systematically trying to approve folders of people I know
already (or that send me notes) and I did in fact visit Dan's tree approve
all of Dan's not already approved folders except that one. Not because I
personally think there is anything wrong with it, but because I did not at
that time and still do not know what the guidelines are. So I have been
"passing over" (NOT deleting, NOT disapproving) stuff I was unsure about. I
figure Kevin can make the call on that. Maybe wrongly.

I have not DELETED anything except empty folders (that looked like they were
orphans, and not very many of those, none recently) and I have not
disapproved anything yet. Merely left it as unmoderated and moved on to the
next thing.

Flame me if you want but I daresay a lot of stuff is visible now that would
not be if it weren't for moderating by me and others who are working at
least partly in the dark.