 Publishing / 3584
Re: Brickmania withdraws from Brickshelf
Newsgroups:
lugnet.publish
Date:
Fri, 5 Jul 2002 04:42:12 GMT

In lugnet.publish, Daniel Siskind writes:
Due to the recent events on Brickshelf, I have decided to permanently
withdraw my Brickshelf gallery postings and I will be removing the links
from my web site.  My reason for this are as follows:

Dan,

I think you may be overreacting a bit.  Moderation is based
upon two very basic guidelines.  Is it "safe" for kids,
and is it on topic.  For Brickshelf, "on topic" is a very
simple and sharp distinction.  Is the content in any way
related to LEGO products?  If so, it's on-topic.

Possible trademark and copyright infringement is *not*
handled in moderation, though material will be
(and has been) removed at the request of it's
owner.

Political issues have absolutely no bearing on moderation,
so long as the two above requirements are met.

Also keep in mind that not all folders are moderated at
the same time.  There is still a backlog of old folders
that have not yet been moderated, and new folders are
selected for moderation at random.  In addition, if
a moderator is unsure if a folder meets the requirements,
it may be put aside for later review.

None of this affects deep links, which continue to work
as long as the actual files are still on the server.

Material that does not meet the requirements will be
deleted.

KL