 Publishing / 3613
Re: Brickmania withdraws from Brickshelf
Newsgroups:
lugnet.publish
Date:
Fri, 5 Jul 2002 22:49:03 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

Now BS is an amazing thing.  It's free, I can upload as many pictures as I
want.  I am incredibly grateful for the thing.  But I also appreciate that I
am at the mercy of whomever owns it.  Should they say they don't want to
post one of my pictures, for whatever reason, that is their right.  They own
the site, not me.  If I want that freedom, I'll put it on my site.  I can
understand where folks are coming from, and BS ~should~ say what the
criteria is for moderation.  If for no other reason that posters know what
to avoid.  But know that they don't have to.  I just remind myself that
whomever owns BS has the God given right just to take BS off line if they want.

I just want to say that I'm 100% with Mark!
It is fantastic that we all have a beautifull place/site to upload our
pictures. And even better, a centralized site where we can see the most
interesting creations and ideas from all the AFOLs interested at sharing.

---THANK YOU KEVIN TO PROVIDE SUCH A GREAT SERVICE TO US ALL---

For those who aren't please with the OWNER'S decisions can find an other
place for free??? and better???  GOOD LUCK

KEVIN, KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK! And you don't need to defend yourself, You do
what you think it is in the best interst of others!!! GOD BLESS YOU!

And also to answer to Oliver Kutsche, If you think you own your pictures,
keep'em for yourself or post'em on your own website. BS is a place to share
and exchange for free! That is in itself a "give and take" (as you
mentionned)situation already, don't you think?

Let's all send positive energy to Kevin and his helpers and hope that this
site will last forever.

Have a blessed day and DON'T FORGET: "PLAY WELL"(Leg Godt)!

Jean-Marc

Also another note, and I'll be done.  This discussion (moderation) started
well before 9/11, so please do not equate it to that.  This is not part of
the kneejerk reaction of terrorism.  I remember the previous picture in
question (someone's pile of Lego in a room, off to one side was a piece of
artwork < on it's side and in process....> with a bare chested woman on it.)
Please, please, please, Obi-wan-Osama-qui-gon-laden has nothing to do with
this string.

Mark Neumann